~ thirty-five

( chapter thirty-five;
the spy who broke my heArt )

( chapter thirty-five;the spy who broke my heArt )

▂▂▂▂

"OH, COME ON." MADISON FROWNED at the detectives in her room. One was picking up her computer off of her desk, "Not my laptop, I need that for school."

Joe stuck his head through the doorway, looking at the several detectives wandering Madison's room, and searching all of her belongings, "It's like an episode of Law and Order."

Madison sighed, "You're not gonna find anything so please just leave."

Katherine walked into the bedroom, immediately making for the detective with the laptop. She took it from his hands, "You don't have a warrant to search her laptop."

Madison took in a breath before walking out of her room. She couldn't handle it. They'd just stormed in there and begun searching her room as though she possessed a weapon or some evidence that she had killed Alison.

"Hey," Her mom stopped infront of her in the hallway and handed her the laptop, "if you need a day off school, then feel free to. You can catch up with your dad."

The young Halpert anxiously rubbed her arm as she met her moms gaze, "No, I need to get out of here. And I need to see Caleb."

Madison walked past her mom, and Katherine turned after her, "Honey, about Caleb -- "

She came to a halt and spun back to her mom, " -- I know you're gonna say he's not good enough for me, or something like that, but you're wrong, okay? And right now, he is the only person I can actually talk to without feeling like I'm... like I'm an inconvinence, or like I'm broken."

"Madi, I wasn't going to say that." Katherine exhaled, staring sadly at her daughter, "And you're not broken."

"Shows how much you know me." Madison retorted before making her way down the stairs.

▂▂▂▂

Madison sat in the school library with her laptop open infront of her. A new email was open and she'd been sat staring at the screen for atleast twenty-five minutes. She quietly groaned into her hands, unable to think of what to write.

Her fingers found the keyboard and she began to type:

Dear Miles,
I'm your daughter and I want to see you.

But it sounded stupid and weird, so she deleted it and tried again.

Dear Miles,
My name is Madison Halpert, and I think you and my mom hooked up