~ twenty-five

( chapter twenty-five;
you can run, but you cAn't hide )

( chapter twenty-five; you can run, but you cAn't hide )

▂▂▂▂

"HAN, CAN I BORROW THOSE silver heels you wore to homecoming?" Madison asked the blonde. The five girls were sat in the school courtyard eating lunch.

"Yeah." Hanna nodded, "It's not like I'm allowed to wear anything more than a kitten heel anyway."

Aria looked to Madison with furrowed brows, "I thought you weren't going to the dance-a-thon?"

"I changed my mind." Madison responded, flashing a small grin at her.

"Speaking of changing minds." Emily spoke, poking her fork into a tomato, "Have we thought about handing that video into the police?"

Madison sighed, "I already said no, Emily."

"Why not?" Emily questioned.

"I already told you." Madison replied, slightly aggravated.

"Where is the video anyway?" Spencer asked, "We can't let it get out of our sights."

"We won't." Madison told her. She opened her bag that was resting on her lap, "The memory stick's been in my bag all day."

Madison rumbled through the contents of her bag, trying to find the memory stick in the mess at the bottom. She frowned when she couldn't see it, beginning to panic. She searched over it two more times.

Her heart plummeted into her stomach as she glanced up to her friends, "Oh my God. It's gone."

Aria furrowed her brows at Madison, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure." Madison almost yelled, she pulled out a gold lipstick tube from her bag, "Unless it's magically turned into a lipstick tube."

"There's no need to be so aggressive." Emily frowned, surprised at Madison's outburst.

"Really?" Madison shot her eyes towards Emily, "It's not like an important video has gone missing, Emily."

"I thought the bag was by your side all day?" Hanna asked, confused.

"It was." Madison responded. She pondered for a moment before clenching her jaw, "Except for P.E, when it was in my gym locker. Oh, and conveniently the person in the video is also the coach with the locker combinations."