~ thirty

( chapter thirty;
the plAy that involves A )

( chapter thirty;  the plAy that involves A )

▂▂▂▂

MADISON GRUMBLED AS SHE WOKE. As she shifted her head, she could feel that something underneath her was harder than her pillow. Her eyes slowly fluttered open before she gasped and shot backwards.

"Caleb?" Madison stared at the boy in her bed, confused, "What the hell is going on?"

"I promise you, it's not as weird as it looks." He insisted. Madison continued to stare at him waiting for him to explain. Caleb exhaled as he turned his body to face her, "You had a night terror. You had one last time I stayed over too."

Madison furrowed her brows, "What?"

"I tried to wake up both times but it was like you couldn't hear me." Caleb told her, "And the only way I could get you to stop thrashing was by holding you. And then I guess I fell asleep too."

She shook her head in denial, "That... that doesn't make sense, I don't have nightmares."

"Night terrors." He corrected, "I read up on it, apparently you won't be aware it's happening."

Madison pondered, completely confused. Surely she'd remember. Madison met Caleb's gaze, "But why am I having them?"

Caleb exhaled, "Both times, you whispered Alison."

The brunette froze at his words. Then she swallowed the lump in her throat and pushed herself off the bed. Madison shook her head, moving to her wardrobe, "You should get a shower, or get dressed, school starts soon."

"Madison," Caleb stood up from the bed, "something is seriously bothering you."

"Please." Madison begged, facing him, "Just, go shower."

He hesitated, wanting to talk to her, to know what was bothering her. But he obeyed and left the room. Madison pressed her eyes shut and heavily sighed. She moved over to her desk and picked up the memory stick.

Madison took a seat and pushed the stick into her open laptop. A file loaded but instead of a video, it came up with a picture. The brunette frowned as she clicked on it and opened it up.

A picture of Alison appeared on the screen. She was wearing the yellow top from the night she went missing and was walking past Spencer's barn. At the right side of the picture was a shadow of a person.

At the bottom of the picture there was a message in white writing:

Watch your back. I didn't. -- A