Jason Shepherd stood barely a few feet away. The six-foot-tall, brown eyed football player leaning casually against the wall of lockers without a care in the world.

       I looked around nervously, praying someone else would wander down the hall—even though everyone was at the opposite end of the school, heading for the lunch room. "What do you want?" I hated how soft my voice sounded, how weak, but Jason did that to me. He sent genuine, complete fear down my spine.

       I watched with slightly shaking hands as his head cocked to the side, his hands stuffing easily into his jean pockets. Then the monster laughed. "You ask me that every time." He chuckled and shook his head before stepping away from the wall, dark eyes narrowing. My feet instantly unrooted and I took a hurried step back.

       "Hoping for a different answer." I muttered under my breath as he continued his slow advance, matching my retreat. His lips twisted into a smirk.

       In any other world, Jason would have been ridiculously attractive. Tall, well-built, deep dark eyes, and a sharp jaw line. He was the perfect version of an Abercrombie & Fitch model if I ever saw one. It was what he held inside him that destroyed his looks. Everyone knew what kind of person he was, the athletic rich boy with a knack for getting into girl's pants—and not always when they wanted him to.

       There had been more than one lawsuit filed against him, all of which his filthy rich father was able to pay his way out of. Jason had far surpassed the term 'bad' in my book. He was evil.

       "Let's go on a date, little Rosie. I promise you will have a good time."

       He didn't want a date, I could see it in his eyes. Out of the entire school, he was the only one who seemed to notice my existence—and it was only because I said no. More than once, repeatedly really. It had always been at school, and he never had the chance to push too hard, but I feared the day no one interrupted these little get-togethers.

       "I've told you a thousand times, no Jason."

       That was not the right thing to say. I watched as fire suddenly burned behind those brown eyes, and that smirked turned to a smile so demonic it made panic hit my chest like a sucker punch. I let out a shuttering breath, that familiar hyperventilating feeling wanting to take over.

       I had seen that look on his face before, once or twice from him, but mainly on Animal Planet when a lion stalked its meal before the kill. It was a hungry look, and it made me want to hightail it out of there faster than the speed of light. He stepped towards me again, and I backtracked as fast as possible. The panic wasn't going away.

       I-I needed Tate... No, no I needed Jax. I needed... I needed-

       "What's the rush, Rose? I rather like you saying my name. Why don't you say it again?" There was a dark amusement in his voice, one I would have done anything to block from my ears.

       Time to run. It was definitely time to run. I turned quickly, ready to sprint away from the crazy football player and the panic now surging throughout my body, when a hand big enough to wrap around my entire bicep jerked me back.

       "And where do you think you're going?" Jason hissed into my ear, that amusement from before completely gone. There was only venom in his tone now, poison directed at me. "We weren't done talking. That's rude."

       "L-Let me go or I'll scream." I was ashamed of the pathetic whimper in my voice, and even more so that I couldn't break his grip from my arm no matter how hard I tried to jerk it away.