9 Promise

It wasn't too long after Cristopher got adopted (about a few months) and the humans were finally well aware of the monster's existence, he had found himself holding a pair of rings, sitting closest to his newfound father, in Waterfall.  They were surrounded by small rivers, waterfalls, and glowing blue plants that gave off a magical blue glow, as everyone waited for his mother to walk down the isle. Sans stood nervously while his brother (the "greatest" best man) stood on his left side, proudly. 

Cristopher wore a dark blue suit with a small adorable blue flower. Sans wore a light blue tuxedo with a light blue bowtie. Papyrus matched Cristopher's outfit except that he refused to part with his precious red scarf. Undyne wore a deep sea green tuxedo with a matching bowtie and sat by the piano as she quietly read through her sheet music. Alphys wore a sparkly light blue plain dress as she sat, staring dreamily at Undyne, probably fantasizing about her own wedding. Asgore wore a white tuxedo and sat hopefully next to Toriel, who wore a long, plain, light purple dress, as she rolled her eyes and gave him a scowl. Mettaton wore a sparkly dark blue tuxedo with an Echo flower. Most of the other monsters that had shown up wore some sort of formal bluish clothing that matched with everyone else.

The huge area that was known as waterfall was filled with beautiful blueish decorations that matched the scenery. Finally, to make sure that this marriage was legal, they had a human priest from the government to wed them. (Although it took some time to find someone who was willing enough to do so.)

"is it starting yet?" Mumbled Sans. (Cristopher swore he saw beads of sweat on Sans' skull.)

"SANS, YOU ASKED ME THAT FIVE MINUTES AGO!" Squawked Papyrus irritably. 

"o-oh yeah, just makin' sure. heh heh."Stammered Sans with a slightly tense look on his face.

"SANS. YOU"RE NOT GETTING COLD FEET ARE YOU?" Said Papyrus slyly.

"well..." Said Sans as he took of his slipper (yes he wore slippers to his own wedding) and ice cubes fell out.

"Sans?" Sighed Papyrus.

"yeah paps?"Sniggered Sans, failing to hold in a laugh.

"I know that this is  your special day but..." Papyrus said disapprovingly.

"buuuut?" Sans asked.

"CAN'T YOU GO ONE DAY WITHOUT MAKING A STUPID PUN? SERIOUSLY! YOU ARE SUCH A BAD INFLUENCE!" Papyrus shrieked.

At that moment Sans was a lot less nervous; instead being filled with laughter. This was likely to be the best day of his life. He knew that finally he would live a normal life, a perfect life with the the one he loved most. And as a bonus he got to tell his puns to his brother with no complaints. (Well, more or less.)

 Suddenly, there was a hushed silence as everyone stood up and looked behind them as the wedding march started (song above).

Sans stared as he watched Frisk gracefully walk down the isle. She wore a pale, sparkling, blueish white dress, with echo flowers on the dress and in her hair, which was in a bun. She held a bouquet of golden flowers (Flowey stowed away in the bouquet to get a closer look). Monster kid was in front of her with a basket of blue petals in his mouth, trying not to stumble as he shook them out of the basket, creating a trail for Frisk.

"wow." Murmured Sans. "you look-"

"Sans-ational? Haha, you too."

Sans' smile grew wider. They both turned to the preist, hand in hand. Then the preist spoke.

"We are gathered here today to witness the union between two individuals. Their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly and today they publicly declare their devotion to each other. The essence of this commitment is-"

"This is boring!" A voice screeched.

At that moment heads turned to the direction of the voice.

It was Gerson.

"This ain't no human wedding! This is a a celebration of that young love shown between a human AND a monster for Asgore's sake! Nobody want's to hear the same cliche thing over and over! Scoot over I'll show you how it's done!"

The preist shrugged and walked to the side as Gerson wattled over to the spot the preist previously stood on.

"Do whatever you want I guess. Technically you're not breaking the law."

Gerson cleared his throat and spoke proudly.

"Ahem! Young love! It has it's ups and downs! Doesn't matter who you are, or what you look like, anyone's capable of love. And those two are living proof or just that. Not only are we celebrating our first few months of freedom, we're also celebrating the love that these two show. No matter what kind of problems they have, I'm sure that the'll be able to overcome them just the same."

"can i say something?" Asked Sans.

"All to make this wedding more interesting." Replied Gerson.

"this is it. the moment our whole lives been leading up to. just me and you. our happy ending, right? i used to think that we'd never leave the underground. but now, instead of waking up down here, i'll wake up in the surface, seeing your face every day. i promise to love and protect you. and hopefully for the rest of my life."

Frisk smiled as she listened to the sound of clapping and cheering. But suddenly a thought crossed her mind and her smile faltered.

"I remember how I started to regret my decisions and felt guilty for what I've done. And despite everything, all that we've been through, you're still the same skeleton I met in the forest, all those resets ago. But now it's my turn to promise you something."

She paused with a twinkle in her eye.

"I promise to love and protect you too. So now finally we can put the past behind us and live our lives together. I want to save the light you create that always shines for me, so now, with my heart and soul, I'll give you my light too, so we can finally find our way home. Together."

There were more claps and cheers.

"Alrighty." Said Gerson.  "Now you go say that last thing you always say." He stepped down and hobbled back to his seat.

"Well..." Said the priest, walking back to his spot. "Can we have the rings?"

Cristopher marched proudly towards the priest.

 "Do you, Frisk, take Sans to be you lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." Said Frisk.

"Do you, Sans, take Frisk to be your wife?"

" 'course." Said Sans.

"Now let these rings be a symbol of this day, and your love."

Both Sans and Frisk took the rings and placed them on each other's fingers.

"Now I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the- "

Before he could finish, Frisk threw her bouquet (Toriel unintentionally caught it- Asgore felt more hopeful) and immediately kissed Sans. And Frisk being slightly taller than Sans, she lifted him up, Sans flushed blue with romance and embarrassment. ("Screw traditions, I like this better!" shouted Gerson.)

The rest of the day was a blast to say the least. For a moment, Frisk wanted to say something else, but she was too happy and eventually forgot. After all, this was the happiest day of her life.

The end.

🕈☟⚐ 💧✌✋👎 ❄☟✌❄ ❄☟✋💧 💧❄⚐☼✡ 🕈✌💧 ⚐✞☜☼✍ ❄☟✋💧 ✋💧 ⚐☠☹✡ ❄☟☜ 👌☜☝✋☠☠✋☠☝ ⚐☞ ✌☠⚐❄☟☜☼📬 ✋ 💧☟✌☹☹ ☼☜❄🕆☼☠ 🕈✋❄☟ ✌☠⚐❄☟☜☼ 👌✡ 💣✡ 💧✋👎☜📬📬📬