Chapter One.

Ayesha Disa Alexander.

I squinted my eyes as light was brought to my vision

"It's about time you woke up."

I look over to see my sister Maria flipping through a magazine. My brother Jaz hit her before standing up and walking out the door.

"Can you get me some water ?" I asked with the best of my ability. My voice was incredibly raspy and it hurt to talk. Maria got me some water.

"What happened ?"

"A sexy man with a bad attitude hit you and tried to run when you were stopped at a light. He hit you and you flew into traffic , you basically died because you've been in a coma in a week but you were going make it out." She said, sympathetically.

My mom ran in before hugging me and so did my dad before everyone joined in.

"You okay ? Do you ne-"

"Mom I'm fine. I just really have to use the bathroom." I said, trying to get up.

I noticed the looks they gave each other.

"What ?"

My mom wanted to say something but my dad stopped her.

"There's something you need to know."

"What ?"

"John." My mom spoke but he stopped her again.

"Carol , she has to know." He told her," When they found you , your legs were completely crushed and your paralyzed from the waist down."

"No they aren't."

Then the doctor came in and confirmed everything and what they were saying was true. I was going to be handicapped for the rest of my life. All my dreams are ruined. I didn't move from small Charlotte , North Carolina to Oakland , California for this to happen to me.

"So who hit me ?" I asked them.

"Stephen Curry."

"And who the fuck is that ?"

"Disa." My father warned and I rolled my eyes.

"Well this is him." Chad said , handing me his phone to show a nice looking man. I scrolled and he was quite popular. Popular meaning he has a lot of money because he signed with the Golden State Warriors two years ago which was an NBA team I never heard of. I handed him back his phone and smiled a little.