Chapter XVIII: The Cold Emperor [Part IV]

Previously on Time of Man

"How pathetic," Lyon said arrogantly, "You still use two hands when casting your ice make spells," he said with a sneer.

"Yeah because that's what Ur taught us," Silvia said with a frown, "Single-hand casting is incomplete and unbalanced," she said.

"Well I'm the exception to that rule," Lyon said, "I surpassed Ur's skill level a long time ago," he said.

"Someone's cocky," said a male voice.

Silvia looked behind her to see Y/N, standing with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. He had his usual outfit, a black bomber jacket with red trousers.

"How about this? You beat that, and we'll see just how strong you are," Y/N said.

"Beat what? You? That's gonna be easy," Lyon said arrogantly.

"Oh! I don't mean me, you won't last a second against me, I mean that" Y/N pointed behind him.

Silvia and Lyon turned their heads to see what it was. Lyon and Silvia's eyes were wide open, after all, it was Silvia's worst nightmare.

Present Time

~Third Person POV~

"Listen up!" exclaimed Erza, who was standing in the village, surrounded by the village folk. "The people who have caused the curse on you are planning to attack the village," she continued.

With Lucy and Happy standing next to her.

One of the villagers asked, "They're gonna come down here to fight us?"

"Yes," Erza said.

"But I have gotta a plan, we'll capture them and lock them up until they tell us how to change you back," Lucy said.

The villagers gathered around each other and began discussing.

"I dunno do you think it will work?" one of them asked.

"Doesn't hurt to try," another said.

"I'm feeling scared," another said.

"Only thing is, I'm pretty sure the three of them are wizards," Happy said to Lucy and Erza, "They're gonna be hard to catch," he continued.

"You're right, one of them seemed to be an Anti-Mage User," Erza said while deep in thought.

"Anti-Mage User?" Lucy asked.

"Yes, or more specifically, Wave Magic, it's pretty rare, but it gives him the ability to dispel other Magic, hence, making him an 'Anti-Mage', since Wave manifests itself in the form of massive masses of transparent energy, which nullifies any spell on contact, making it an extremely effective form of defense against all Mages, but also possesses remarkable destructive power when directed at foes," Happy said, putting his paw on his cheek as if he was recollecting something.

"You're right, you're the only one we have got right now," Lucy said with a deadpan tone, "Well good luck."

"Last time I checked you're a wizard too!" Happy exclaimed.

Lucy gasped, with a small blush on her face, she clapped her hands together, "I just had a brilliant idea!" she said excitedly.

"Nothing good can come of this," Happy whined.

"What are all of you doing here?" asked a gruff voice.

They turned around the see the chief walking up to them.

"Cheif!" One of the villagers said.

"We don't have much time sir," Erza said, "The enemy will be attacking soon, we need to be prepared," she said with a serious tone.