Chapter 3

"Fishlegs go tell the others! We got a Night Fury on our hands." Astrid ran down the stone stairs and headed straight for the center of the village which allowed her the best view and range to shoot down the beast.

Although the dragons raids had decreased significantly over the years, it didn't make the members of the Hairy Hooligan tribe rusty by any means. Vikings scattered everywhere looking for weapons to shoot down the infamous Night Fury.

"Come on dragon. Get down here and fight me." Astrid menacingly whispered as she spun a bola with her right hand.

"Huh, maybe we should've been a bit more stealthy with our arrival, huh Toothless?" Hiccup sarcastically asked as he watched vikings readying their spears, bows, nets, and bolas.

A bola flew towards Hiccup but severely missed causing Hiccup and Toothless to laugh at the inaccuracy.

"Shoot down that Night Fury!" A familiar booming voice entered Hiccup's ears, with widened eyes he saw his father on the ground staring at him with a look of vengeance.

There he was, his father, the one and only Stoick the Vast in all his glory. Despite having been neglected at times, Hiccup still very much loved his father; and seeing him after 5 years flooded Hiccup with emotions that made his heart somewhat ache in pain. While Hiccup was staring at his father in confoundment, his father stared back with nothing but anger and vengeance in his eyes.

Without Hiccup realizing, he'd gotten too close to the ground. In a second, nets and bolas were being thrown at them.

"Crap! Toothless up!"

But it was too late, a bola had gotten caught in Toothless's tail sending Hiccup and Toothless plummeting down on Berk. Hiccup's string came unhooked from Toothless's saddle as they fell. Another net wrapped around Toothless as Hiccup opened up his wings and crudely glided down hitting the ground face first. Harshly colliding with the ground, Hiccup immediately felt a rush of pain throughout his entire body.

Wasting no time, Stoick approaches the masked boy aiming his mighty axe down on him.

"Who are you?"

Hiccup stayed quite.

Not wanting to see the face of his father up close.

"Just a normal guy trying to pass through this lovely village. You mind pointing the axe away from my neck? I'll will be out of all your hair in a jiffy, promise." An awkward laugh followed as Stoick continued to stare at the masked figure lying on the ground helplessly.

"I will not ask again boy. Who are you?"

"I just told you, I don't know what you want me to say."

"I want your real name." Stoick scowled menacingly as he further leaned down as if to show Hiccup just how serious he was.

"Don't really understand what for. Not like you know me. I'm not from around here." Another lie.

"Where ya from then?"

"The depths of the sea. I'm a merman." Another awkward laugh followed the horrendous joke.

Hiccup looked up to face his father, though he knew Stoick the vast was not one for jokes, he still purposely pushed his father's buttons.

"Oh you like to play games don't ya?"

"Depends of the game." Hiccup shrugged nonchalantly.

"Hmm." Stoick tilted his head back and squinted his eyes. Trying to get a better understanding of the mysterious boy currently laying under his boot.

"Look, I'm no threat. I really am just trying to get home and I just happened to pass this lovely island. I'm not some sort of spy sent to destroy your village, I swear."

Stoick snorted and laughed mockingly. Truth was no matter what lie Hiccup came up with, or how hard he could try to convince the Stoick the Vast to release a potential enemy of Berk, especially one that could ride a Night Fury, he was never going to be released.

Yet when he saw into the boy's eyes through his masked, he had a gut feeling that he somehow knew the boy personally. That this boy beneath him was Hiccup. From the boy's eyes to his sarcasm.

But mere resemblance was not going to be enough. Stoick had finally accepted that Hiccup was dead.

"No. Take him to the arena and lock him up. He loves dragons so much, then we shall watch his be torn apart by them by tomorrow morning."

"What?! No! Wait!"

Stoick lifted his foot off and began to walk towards Toothless as he gripped his axe burning in anger. Hiccup immediately got up but was knocked down seconds later by Spitelout.

"My friends! This is a gift from above! The night fury that killed Hiccup has come back on the day of his death." Stoick loudly declared as the villagers roared.

Stoick knelt down and whispered, "It's over for you."

"No! NO!"

Despite his cries, Hiccup could only struggle on the ground and watch as his father is about to kill his best friend in his name. Out of options and out of time, there was nothing he could physically do to prevent the slaughter. But there was something he could say to save Toothless, one thing and one thing only.

"NO DAD,STOP!!"

Update: 3/2/2023

CHANGES

-More descriptive
-More dialogue