The Red's in town

I wake up to my phone buzzing on the nightstand, "hello" I say sleepily as soon as I pick up. "Jess, it's me. I just touched down and Alex's coming to pick me up. I'll be going to his place first since my cars there and in the morning I'll go pick mum and dad from the airport." My sister Jade says cheerily on the other line. I had completely forgotten about them coming over in the morning. "Uh.. yea okay I'll see you then," I say yawning as I hang up.

I take a look at the clock on my phone and it's only 9 pm. Wow! I turn over to see Jason still sleeping next to me like a baby. He looks so innocent when he's fast asleep. This evening was crazy when Jason first told me he had killed someone, I freaked out and thought I couldn't handle it but when we got to talking and he opened up about his tormenting childhood, I could never hold that against him. This poor man has been through hell and he still manages to pull through all of it. I caress his beautiful scared face and place a soft kiss on his forehead as I gently and as quietly as possible, get out of bed and head downstairs to the kitchen to make myself a sandwich.

When Jason initially came over, it was 2 in the afternoon but after the long chat and all the crying we decided to take a nap and the next thing I know it's night time. Damn am I starving.

"You sneaked out of bed." I jump at Jason's voice from behind me and almost drop my spatula.

"What the heck? Don't sneak up on me like that." I scold and he chuckles, coming over and wrapping his arms around me from the back placing a soft kiss on my neck and down my shoulder.

"I'm sorry princess." He says in between kisses and I immediately melt. "So what are you up to?"

"I'm starving and I wanna make a grilled cheese," I say placing all my utensils out.

"Let me do it." He offers.

"Do what? Make a sandwich?" I ask surprised

"Yea, I make amazing grilled cheese." He says proudly, snatching the pan from my hand.

"O-Kay.." I say chuckling.

"Excuse me. Is that mockery I sense?" He asks in fake seriousness.

"No, it's just... I'd never guess." I say shrugging as I prop myself up on the kitchen counter to watch him.

"Well, then there's a lot you don't know about me so you might wanna stick around longer and I'll surprise you." He says flirtatiously, placing a peck on my lips. I giggle like an annoying little girl.

I watch his shirtless body bends down to open my fridge, his back muscles perfectly on display, I couldn't help but smile at how attractive he was. He continues to rummage through my fridge pulling out cheese, spinach and basically anything he could find.

"Ummm we're just making grilled cheese right?" I ask clarifying.

"Shhh, this is no ordinary grilled cheese, this is what I call the Rodriguez special." He boasts in a strong Spanish accent, laying everything out on the kitchen counter and I just admire him, watching his muscles flex as he works his way around the kitchen and the frown that appears on his beautiful face as he focuses intently on slicing the mozzarella.

"Stop staring, you're making me nervous." He says, looking at me from the side of his eyes.

"I can't help it," I say shrugging.