Testosterones

Zac's POV

I've been replaying the events from last night over and over again since Jessica left half an hour ago to get ready for breakfast. Firstly, I can't believe I kissed her, it was an impulse and I just felt like doing it and did it, though it was brief and ended really quick, I can still feel every detail of it. I trace my fingers along my lips, closing my eyes and trying to replay it again. She kissed me back, I remember how her soft plump lips danced along to mine before she pulled away. If she kissed me back, means she certainly felt something right?

My heart broke when I saw her cry like that yesterday, it was as if her world had come to an end and the problem is she's always so hard on herself. God, I wish she'd see it. If she was mine, I'd make sure she never had to do anything alone. I feel like I know her better than she knows herself, I know her likes, her dislikes, what gets her worked up and how to calm her down, I know too much and it's ridiculous that she doesn't see us being together, however, I feel like things are changing. Last night we definitely reached a new level with our "friendship". I'm positive she feels something.

I come out of the shower and throw on a pair of my usual black skinny jeans and a black washed out t-shirt. I push my wet hair to the back, not bothering to do anything with it. It usually falls in place anyway so I don't bother much with it. I knock on Jessica's door rhythmically, 3 times before she opens it with a nervous smile on her face.

"Hey, what's up?" She asks, extra chirpy.

"Errr.. we were going to go for breakfast?" I remind her. Did she forget? That fast?

"Oh right! Ummm..." she glances in her into her room nervously as if someone was in there with her and then looks back at me and whispers. "I'm so sorry Zac but can we postpone please?" She asks, biting her lower lip nervously.

"Who's there baby?" I hear a mans voice from inside her room as a tall well-built guy shows up behind her wrapping his arms around her right in front of me. She jumps a little at his gesture and slowly relaxes. My heart drops immediately at this. "You've got to be kidding me." I mutter in shock. She's seeing someone? And she didn't think to tell me? I want to walk away but I'm frozen.

"Err... Jason, this is Zac my umm co-star and Zac, this is Jason." She introduces us to each other casually and this Jason guy reaches out his hand to shake mine with a smirk on his face and I ignore it, taking his hand. I feel him grip it a little too firmly as if he was trying to indicate something. I stare at Jessica waiting for her to say something more and she just looks at me as if there's nothing weird about this whole situation. I can't believe she never told me she was seeing someone.

"Well it was nice to meet you Zac and babe, we have some catching up to do so.." he motions at her to her wrap it up.

"Yea I'll be right there." She says sweetly and he leaves us at the door.

"Zac I.." she opens her mouth to explain herself but I'm way to upset to hear what she has to say, I just feel stupid right now, I'm angry, extremely mad at her, I feel so stupid for ever thinking she'd give me a chance.

"Don't bother Jess." I cut her off and walk away. I can't even look at her, I just need to be alone right now, I need to clear my head and I debate in my head if I should take the high road and go to the gym or go and get some alcohol. Screw it, I need some alcohol.

*******************************
             ****. 20 minutes ago. *******
Jessica's POV

"What are you doing here?" I ask Jason. To say I was surprised to see him here, would be an understatement.

"I came to see you obviously." He says and I just stand there not knowing what to do. He looked so freaking hot I completely forgot why I was annoyed by his clinginess.