CHAPTER 56: A creature lurking

Começar do início

It's best if they don't know. Sans will freak if he knew that he couldn't hear me.

Of course, Sans looked concerned when I only sent a smile and a thumbs up, and he looked over at Alphys as if to tell her to wait.

I couldn't lip read Sans, so I couldn't tell if he was talking to me or not. He walked closer, as if he were right next to the door.

His muffled sounds turned into words that I could just barely make out.
'Can ya hear me, kiddo?' He said, very faintly I guess.

I nodded and spoke louder than usual. "Yeah."

He nodded and turned back to face Alphys as she looked at Sans to back up. Of course, Sans backed up only slightly, so he would be able to hear me if I needed to get out.

I watched as Alphys presses the button painfully slowly, and the machine roared to life, rumbling in the inside, slightly shaking from the vibrations.

Sans looked at the machine in wonder, and then back to me with a look of concern.

A mist-like substance started to crawl out of the walls, out of holes I couldn't see due to the darkened substance in the inside.

It filled the window and I had to wipe it to keep it clear for me to see them.

At first it was fine. A small pain in my chest, which was fine. It felt like a small heartburn at most.

Memories played in my head. Memories that weren't mine. Knowledge and more knowledge poured into my mind and I felt like My head was going to burst.

The pain suddenly grew. As if everywhere hurt the most. A pain in my chest and the memories in my head escalated to my everything and everywhere hurting as if I were being ripped in half.

I had stopped wiping the window. The pain was too unbearable to ever move a muscle.
I could hear everything. My senses we're expanding as a fast rate.

I let out a scream of agony and held my head in pain. My head hurt the most.
The knowledge and things that felt so natural to me. The underground? Monsters?

King Asgore Dreamurr?

I could remember things I shouldn't remember. Things that kept pouring into my head like I should know them already but I don't.
It's like an entire lifetime of mine is coming back but it isn't mine.

I've never seen these places that these memories were showing me, The ruins? Snowdin? Waterfall?

I slammed myself against the door, screaming again, and heard muffled screams over mine from the outside. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't see.

I can't see them anymore.
I put my hands onto where the glass should have been. It was still there. I was still conscious.

My heart hurt. My soul hurt.
The mist was thick. And the knowledge kept pouring into my head. I thought I was going to explode.

"SOMEONE LET ME OUT!" I screamed once again, letting out my last few breaths.
The agony twisted into anger. Anger that wasn't there anymore.

I banged on the door multiple times, begging Them to open the doors and let me escape this agony.
A pair of arms wrapped themselves around me followed by a giggle that let sent shivers up my spine.

Everything was blurred. I couldn't understand what was going on.
5/10 HP

The knowledge I could retain, as if I had already known this. I have seen this machine before. It had a different function.

It's all coming back.

I can't keep up with the information.
I'm going to die!

I stumbled to the ground, my vision blackening  slightly as a pair of legs appeared just as the arms around me disappeared.

There was blood around me, but no wound. As if my own body was losing blood and taking the blunt of the force.

The girl in front of me held my chin to face her eyes as to I couldn't move my own body anymore.
Her eyes were red. And it felt like I was looking into a mirror, rather than real life.

She had a sinister grin. And mouthed words I could no longer hear. My senses were failing.

I was in the back corner, slumped over, falling unconscious, as the girl stood and watched me. She laughed at my pain. At my sorrow.

Like a beast that had been unleashed, she stood there, unharmed to the effects of the machine. Was it targeting me?

I can remember them. Sans. Asgore. Undyne. Alphys. Toriel. Papyrus.
I knew them all. I've known them for a long time. They're fading again.

Why are they fading? These feelings I have for them. Like family. These memories. Friends.
Why did I forget?

Why am I forgetting again?

Sans..

"Sleep well."