Chapter 1. Settling In

Italics=thoughts

13 September 20XX
Yokosuka Naval Station
1832 hours

(Y/N)'s POV

(Y/N): Well let's continue with introductions

The girls looked at each other until Yuubari stepped forward

Yuubari: *salutes* Yuubari first of the Yuubari class light cruisers. Welcome to Yokosuka sir!

(Y/N): Good to be here and good to meet you Yuubari.

Then other began to step forward one by one

Tenryuu: Tenryuu, nameship fo the Tenryuu class light cruisers, better not cause any trouble

(Y/N): not the introduction I was excepting

You nod your head then the one in the miko outfit come forward

Zuikaku: I am Zuikaku second of the Shokaku light carriers, backing up what Tenryuu-san said we will not tolerate any trouble.

(Y/N): I heard it was bad but this is worse than I thought

You simple nodded again earning a frustrated state from the carrier but you ignored that and waiting for the others introductions. However the others were very nervous to give their introductions to you. You sighed and said

(Y/N): If you don't want to say right now I won't make you.

The younger looking girls all nodded in relief

If I ever see that man who did this I will got him with the hilt of my sword

(Y/N): Alright lets get down to business ("to defeat, the Huns!" Sorry I couldn't resist), I've already been briefed on the incident regarding the previous installation commander. I'm sorry about what happened. Not only was what he did wrong in every sense of the word but also brought dishonor upon the JMSDF (Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force). I am not here to cause any issues or new incidents I am here to do my job and lead you to battle against our enemies. Understood?

All: Yes Sir!

(Y/N): Good!

Yuubari's POV

He sounds like the ideal commander but that not going to make things good after the last one. I just hope he lives up to his word. Still though I get the impression that he's got something buried within him. Something he's not keen on sharing.

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N): So who is the secretary ship of our little fleet?

Yuubari steppes forward

Yuubari: I am sir!

(Y/N): Good I hope your ready!

Yuubari: Yes sir!

(Y/N): Good. Might want to take this down

Her fairies came out ready to go

(Y/N): I'm going to need a complete supply inventory; fuel, ammunition, and food supplies; I also want to know each building and what their used for, the status of all the girls in regards to combat status; lastly I need the combat record here, win/loss statistics and performance records of each individual girl. Got all that?

Yuubari's fairies took down all the notes

Yuubari: got it commander

(Y/N): Good! I'm going to move into my office now. When can you have everything I asked for?

Yuubari: I'll have it before the end of the day

(Y/N): Very well, I'm counting on you Yuubari.

Yuubari had I light blush on her face that she quickly shook away as the commander left with his gear and personal effects she watched him leave. Tenryuu and the others can up to her.

Tenryuu: So you think he'll be better than the last?

Yuubari: I think so but it's too soon to tell, but he did have a good first impression.

At this point you entered your office that was cleaned up and ready for you to move in. You set your brief case down and put your sword on a wall mount in the office. The first thing you did was compose on your journal.

13 Sept 20XX, 1907 hours
"I arrived to my post a little ahead of schedule allowing more time for getting settled in. In regards to the incident unfortunately things are worse than I anticipated, clearly the previous commander left some bad scars on these girls. This was the reason I was quickly promoted and sent here, not because of my record at the academy or my tactical abilities, but from my past experiences to help these girls. My only hope is that they haven't been hurt past the point of no return. Maybe adding a new girl to the fleet will help us out but I won't be able to know that until I get an accurate count of our supplies. "

(Y/N) (L/N) Lt. Cmdr
JMSDF
Yokosuka Naval Station

I closed up my journal and put it away. As I did Yuubari entered my office

Yuubari: Getting settles in I see?

(Y/N): Yes. Thank you for asking

Yuubari: I have what you requested commander

(Y/N): Very well, let's see

As Yuubari handed you the list of what you asked for you were stunned at what you were reading, the supply levels were much higher than expected. And you kinda expected the win loss statistics to be in favor of loss but the stats are almost non existent.

(Y/N): this is not what I expected at all

Yuubari: Because our last commander rarely sent us on and sorties or expeditions.

You just sigh as you read on. The only thing that was what you expected was the status on your food supplies

(Y/N): Alright your dismissed, go get yourself some rest ok?

Yuubari: Thank you sir

(Y/N): Also. One more thing. If there is anything you or the others need to address, any concerns, please don't hesitate to bring them to me ok?

Yuubari: Well commander it's just-

(Y/N): And you can be present to settle their nerves if you want.

Yuubari is shocked by this that the commander is being considerate compared to the last one

Yuubari: Thank you sir

She salutes and you return the salute and she leaves.
————————————————————————
Well here it the first official chapter of my Kantai Collection Story. How is it so far? Like it? Hate it? Have and comments or suggestions?
One thing I'm looking for is should I go ahead and add more girls? If so who? I'm thinking of Mamiya for her cafe. But I want your opinions

Until next time
Byyyyyeeeeee