Chapter 4. First Sortie

15 September 20xx
0830
Yokosuka Naval Station-Launching Station

(Y/N) POV

Everyone had already awoken. After a good nights rest Mamiya had already gotten breakfast for everyone. They filled their stomachs and made their way to the launching station. They were all nervous, but the nervousness was overwhelmed by excitement, a sense of purpose, and determination.the ammunition was equipped, the fuel loaded, and the fairies ready to go to work. All that was left was to give one last speech to the girls. I'm still not quite sure what to say. It was at this time that Mamiya placed her hand on my shoulder.

Mamiya: Speak the truth right from your heart, Commander.

You were stunned by this. It was like she knew what you were thinking. She really was like a mother for the girls, even me. Never the less she was right. You went into the launching station as the girls were talking and getting ready to launch. You cleared your throat to get all the girls attention. They all turned to you, snapped to attention, and saluted you.

(Y/N): At ease girls. Good morning. I know you're all anxious and excited. Some of you have sortied before and the rest of you are about to take your very first one. I'd like to think of this as a clean slate. A first sortie under my flag. I am not just confident in your victories out there, but I have faith in each of your abilities as well as the fact you will all come home. Now go out there and give the enemy everything you have and return home! Anything less is unacceptable!

All: Yes Sir!

You nod you head and watch as the two groups assemble. Battle Group 1 consists of Tenryuu, Yuubari, Zuikaku, and Imuya on their Recon mission. Battle Group 2 consists of Inazuma, Kuroshio, and a Now highly motivated Ushio.

Ushio's POV

You think to yourself "I've got to do my best. Everyone is counting on me. Especially the commander. No. My commander." You clasped your hands over your heart as you equipped your rigging with the others.

(Y/N)'s POV

I moved to the control room and Mamiya followed after me.

Mamiya: I knew you could do it

(Y/N): You were right. Speak the truth from the heart, and I think they took it well.

Mamiya: They did. They are willing to fight for you and follow you. You are our commander.

You look at her in awe of what she said.

(Y/N): You're right as always Mamiya-san.

She just gave me a warm smile as I went to the intercom.

(Y/N): *over the intercom a signal whistle sounds* Attention in the launch bay Battle Group 1 check in

Tenryuu: Flagship Tenryuu here. Fufufu I'll make them all scared.

Yuubari: Yuubari here. We'll blow them all out of the water

Zuikaku: Zuikaku of the 5th. My girls will rain fire on them.

Imuya: I-168. I'll hit them from below.

Mamiya: Battle Group 1 is all accounted for