Chapter 8. Battle of the Sierra Islands Part 1

17 September 20xx
2020 hours
Yokosuka Naval Station

(Y/N)'s POV

(Y/N): Alright Everyone the time has come to launch our first major operation.

I activated the holo table, the beauty of modern technology.

The girls looked in awe

(Y/N): Now as you know we sent Tenyruu, Yuubari, Zuikaku, and Imuya on a reconnaissance mission to these Islands to report on enemy activity. They encountered and enemy light cruiser and two enemy destroyers. Intelligence believes that it was just a scouting force and with it destroyed now their main force may have moved in. Command has decided to move in and push the enemy out. We will use a large expeditionary force to assault the islands and clear out any abyssal fleets we find. Our new Flagship Mutsu will lead the attack.

Mutsu: Myself, Kongou, Zuikaku, Tenryuu, Yuubari, Inazuma, Kuroshio, and Sazanami will accompany.

Ushio: I'm not going?

Mutsu: You're the secretary Ship now gotta stay to support the Commander. Plus it would give the two of you some quality time together.

Ushio and I both blushed at this

(Y/N): We'll worry about that later, mission comes first.

I looked at Ushio and whispered in her ear

(Y/N): *whispers* that ok?

She nodded and smiled

(Y/N): Alright

I tapped and activated the holo table that showed that recon mission

(Y/N): as you can see the Abyssal Force can from the West of the islands and we came from the north, so this time you will come in from the northeast. This will use the islands to give you cover from the enemy until you're on top of them. And will hopefully give you more of an element of surprise against them.

Mutsu: Understood. How shall I deploy the fleet?

(Y/N): Since the enemy scouting force had air support we're going to assume they will have a carrier presence. Zuikaku and the destroyers will primarily focus on Air defense. Everyone else will focus on Ship-to-Ship combat. Formations will be a Line formation with the destroyers forming a triangle on Zuikaku for air-defense. I'll leave Ship particulars up to you.

Mutsu nodded in reply.

(Y/N): The islands will be named the Sierra Islands 1-4 and the missions will be known as the Operation Thunder Strike. Everyone clear?