Chapter 6. Rivals in love

17 September 20xx
1830 Hours
Yokosuka Naval Station

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been a few days hasn't it? Well to start off Ushio and I introduced Mutsu and Sazanami to the others. Ushio is very happy to have her sister here. Everyone also was glad to have our first battleship...in their own way I guess.

All of the girls, except Tenryuu, Mamiya, and Ushio were all staring at Mutsu when we first introduced her

All of the girls, except Tenryuu, Mamiya, and Ushio were all staring at Mutsu when we first introduced her. They were staring at her body, one particular part of her body. Some of them felt defeated while others just felt more determined. It's been fun with the new girls here. Although Mutsu has been teasing all the girls, but for some reason she especially teases me. She's tilted her body so her..."assets" are more exposed towards me, she speaks in a seductive, sometimes pouty tone, and one time she even blew in my ear. Despite this she as been the big sister everyone has come to love. I'm still not sure what to think on why Sazanami keeps calling master? But none of the other girls are bothered by it so maybe I should let it go. Now since our recon report on some of the southern islands produced positive results command has ordered me to put together an expedition there. However, I'm cautious of sending my girls out on this large expedition with little experience. In order to compliment that I have decided that more firepower will compliment lack of experience. So I put in for another battleship. If this works out then we will get not only the resources to make up for what is spent, but additional resources on top on that, then I can put in for a new carrier, and maybe a heavy cruiser as well. But that's all pointless if the expedition fails. Something else that was pointed out to me was that I needed a secretary ship. Someone to help me with the tasks and advisement, fleet management (girl management), resource management, etc. That's another task I need to get done soon.

(Y/N): This is definitely going to be a challenge.
commmder
There were a couple knocks at my door.

(Y/N): Come in

It was Ushio

(Y/N): How May I help you Ushio-chan?

Ushio: W-w-Well Commander.

She was blushing heavily, and she could barely speak

(Y/N): Don't be nervous. You can be completely open with me.

Ushio: O-ok. Well um. Y-you know how you have an opening for the Secretary ship position?

(Y/N): Yes

Ushio: W-well I-I-I want to put in for the position.

This was a shock. I knew she had been doing better and her shyness and insecurities was steadily disappearing, but this is unexpected.

(Y/N): You want to be my secretary ship?

She nodded her head

(Y/N): You realize that being the Secretary Ship is not an easy task right? You're gonna have to help with the paperwork, assist with managing logistics, resources, missions, and the other girls as well.