Chapter 2. A New Addition

14 September 20xx
0545 hours
Yokosuka Naval Station

(Y/N) POV

Your alarm went off ringing loudly waking you up from your first slumber on island. You didn't sleep very much because of a new environment but that is to be expected for the first couple of nights.
You got out of bed and got changed into your physical training gear, put on your music and proceeded to run on the beach.
It was a rather uneventful run until you came to the docks and the gateway.
The gate way work be depositing resources and after a certain amount of waiting time a Kanmusu would appear, or multiple depending on how many resource combinations you used. Even though resources were deposited for certain ships the gateway have what it wanted to give. You could only hope for the best.
Even though the last commander was a monster you could not deny his luck with the gateway. To get a sub, two light cruisers, and a light carrier out of seven Kanmusu was very lucky indeed.

(Y/N): I wonder if I'll have such luck?

???: not unless you have the ring.

You turn around to find Zuikaku watching you from the entrance.

Zuikaku: Without the ring, the gateway wont activate for you. And it makes it harder for us to recognize you as our commander.

(Y/N): Well I guess I'm out of luck because when he was stripped of his command the ring disappeared.

You sighed then looked at the counter at the gateway to notice a 07/60 on it as well a an indicator for deposited resources. Only there were already resources deposited.

(Y/N): Why are there resources already put in?

Zuikaku: because they were deposited by the last commander right before he was taken away.

You looked at the gateway and placed you hand on it. Then all of a sudden the gateway's indicators lit up. Then a humming sound could be heard as the gateway came to life. You and Zuikaku backed away and watched as fog came from it then everything seemed stop as you felt a burning sensation come from the ring finger of your right hand. You looked at it as a ring formed. You and Zuikaku stared at the ring. Then you heard someone clearing their throat. You looked up to see a girl, a Kanmusu, rigging and all.

???: greetings, commander

???: greetings, commander. I am the food ship Mamiya.

You could speak and neither could Zuikaku. You were both dumbfounded at this. Mamiya just giggled at this.

Mamiya: Well I guess the cat as got both of your tongues

(Y/N): My apologizes. I just wasn't expecting this.

Mamiya: Well you're my commander so you should of expected the arrival of a new Kanmusu.

Zuikaku: That's right.

You look at her

Zuikaku: You are our commander

Mamiya: oh my it appears I am not the first Kanmusu. Yet you did not expect me?