Chapter 9. Battle of the Sierra Islands Part 2

September 18 20xx
0923 Hours
Sierra Islands

Mutsu's POV

Mutsu: *over her headset* Commander. Enemy fleet has been identified. One Heavy Cruiser, two Light Cruisers, four Destroyers, and One Carrier.

(Y/N): *through her headset* Understood, again engage as you see fit. Also use the islands to your advantage.

Mutsu: *over her headset* Roger. *To the fleet* Ok here's how we're going to play this. Imuya will continue to come at them from behind from the other end of Sierra 1, Zuikaku will stay at the island and use it for cover Sazanami and Kuroshio will stay to provide Anti-Air support, the rest of us will proceed to take their fleet head on.

The others all did as their flagship said. Zuikaku launched two waves of Zeros to provide air cover (Combat Air Patrols or CAP) for her and the destroyers as well as the main force. They would intercept any Abyssal fighters headed their way.
Mutsu and her force rounded the the island they came face to face with the Enemy fleet. The Abyssal Carrier was about to launch more bombers but she was suddenly hit by multiple torpedos to the rear and was heavily damaged. The other Abyssal ships turned to see their flagship heavily damaged and unable to provide anymore air support, they started looking for the culprit only to forget about the enemy fleet approaching from head on, and all in firing range.

Mutsu: Alright everyone! We have them where we want them! Open Fire!

Everyone gave everything they had sinking enemy ships one by one while they were confused. The Abyssal ships were all sunk before they could even fire except the Heavy cruiser. It got off a few rounds headed towards Inazuma. She closed in to launch her torpedos to finish the heavy cruiser off and didn't notice the shells coming in. Fortunately for her a certain British battlecruiser stepped in and took the hit. The smoke cleared revealing an unscathed Inazuma and a partially damaged Kongou

 The smoke cleared revealing an unscathed Inazuma and a partially damaged Kongou

(Like this but not as bad)

Inazuma: K-Kongou-sama

She practically had tears in her eyes when Kongou hugged her.

Kongou: It's ok. Don't be afraid to rely on your Onee-sama. That's what we're here for.

Mutsu went over and patted her head as she looked over at the remains of the Abyssal fleet sinking to the depths.

Mutsu: *over her headset* Commander? Objective complete. The Islands are secure.

(Y/N): *through her headset* Understood. And our damage?

Mutsu: *over her headset* Kongou sustained light damage but she's ok.

(Y/N): *through her headset* Alright bring the fleet home, but make sure she's ok as you all come back.

Mutsu: *over her headset* That's our commander. Worrying so much about us.

(Y/N): *through her headset* excuse me?