Prologue

Hira turned to him and asked in a voice as clear as the midnight breeze..

Why were voices created?...

Arkaan was in utter shock. Having faced so many bizarre and mindblowing situations to get here, you'd have thought nothing would faze him anymore. Yet, here he was...

The little girl, dressed like a fairy in her saffron robe stared at him, her eyes filled with intrigue as well as anticipation. It looked as if she expected an answer from him that would enlighten her understanding and confirm the path...

He stood there, silently watching her – he didn't know what to say. Whether it was the fear of giving a wrong answer, or he just didn't know what she expected, he still couldn't answer.

“I don't know...”He replied, a bit ashamed to disappoint the young girl. But he felt a burden lift from his heart.

“Oh...I see...”She crooned disappointedly. Lowering her gaze, her enthusiasm gone, she turned to walk away.

“Wait!”Arkaan called back. Though she asked the question, Arkaan seemed to believe she had her own answers.“Why were voices created?”He asked softly.

She stared at him, a slight and confident smile lit her eyes, her robe fluttering in the sudden night breeze like an exalted celestial. At that moment, she looked radiant like how Arkaan would have ever imagined any of the eternal children of Paradise.

She answered...

_________________________________

Footnote

1.Hira - a name of a girl\boy (This name is derived from the 'Cave of Hira', the sacred place where the Revelation of the Holy Qur'an first began).

2. Arkaan - lit. Pillars, it is also a name for males(derived from the Five Pillars of Islam, the central practices around which the religion is built).