4.2

Harmon took pride in his lawn. None of the others in the neighborhood gave a damn. They allowed brown patches, or a descent into brown altogether, but he would never give in.

When a brown spot dared make its mark on his lawn, he gutted it and replaced it with seeds and fresh sod. Tough work at times, and he loved it. At his age, hard work was good for the body, and he didn't mind getting down on his hands and knees to finish it.

In the position of hard work, he found himself the witness to a freakish display from his Tramp neighbor. Ada was an odd duck, and he had never liked her. She showed up for holidays with a husband who eventually didn't come around anymore. Probably found a more malleable woman, capable of taking orders instead of presuming to give them.

Gemina was all right, on her way to becoming a respectable Prominent, then she went and got sick, leaving her Tramp daughter to ruin what she built.

From his position by the fence, Harmon peered through the slits. A vigilant neighbor was a helpful neighbor. He saw Ada walking down the driveway, carrying two large duffel bags. The gal was going on a trip. He had seen the Brit packing things into the car earlier. The two were probably doing the two-headed flop and planned on taking their show on the road.

Ada didn't appear hesitant in opening her car with a small flick of blue light which shot out from her arm. After, she tossed a few bags into the back seat. Harmon shook his head. That couldn't have been right. Light just didn't appear, and it didn't come out of human bodies. Except, odd events revolved around Ada Freyr.

A month ago, he had smart-mouthed her, and she had whipped around with a retort, her eyes blazing blue. They had grown hotter, which wasn't right either, because eyes weren't hot or cold, but he could've sworn her eyes had picked up in temperature, turning a shade of white. Small sparks spurted, but when he blinked, he saw blue eyes and no sparks. Crazy, Harmon, you need new eyes.

However, she displayed her freakishness for a second time, and two times was all it took to convince old Harmon of her Undesirable status.

He dialed into the complaint network. An Undesirable shouldn't be walking around, blasting blue light everywhere.

It needed to be detained, and better yet, contained.

~*~