Once Izzy was standing next to the piano, she didn't sit down, she granted Lucifer the privacy he had asked for but she still stood there as if to prove that she had his back even when he feared that everyone doing so would only get crushed by him. "Why are you really here, Ms. Holt?", Lucifer sighed then, his eyes meeting hers for a second before he glanced back down, much like Mazikeen had done — there was a difference, however. Lucifer seemed ashamed, full of regret, and that broke Izzy's heart.

          "I already told you. And I told you this morning. I'm worried, and because I care about you, I want to help. You told me about Uriel and your other brother and Chloe being in danger but suddenly you just shut me, and everyone else, out. That's not good for you", Izzy explained, leaning against the grand piano while gazing at her friend, who in response, flinched at the name she had spoken — Uriel. "If you don't want to go into the details, that's okay with me, but—", she continued softly, only for Lucifer to face her with defiance, the drink on top of the piano spilling as he jumped up, startling Izzy to a point where she took a step back.

         "Are you certain you don't mean it's not good for you? When's the last time you talked to someone, eh? Really poured your heart out? Everyone I care about ends up in harm's way one way or another, so save your breath and worry about yourself, instead. Even if I told you, you'd just think I'm crazy and—and, you wouldn't understand, so stop trying, and face the truth — you're only trying to solve everyone else's problems instead of solving your own, am I right? Maybe you're just trying to make up for the fact that Mazikeen—", Lucifer lashed out, ranting right in Izzy's face, only for the redhead to step up and stare him right in the eyes while clenching her jaw.

         "Finish that sentence, I dare you", she stood up to him — even if she felt bad for him and whatever pain he was going through, she wasn't just going to take it. Perhaps the most hurtful part about his words was that he was hitting right in the bullseye, spouting nothing but truths. She wanted to help everyone else while helping herself was at the bottom of her priorities, and she wanted to ignore the coldness Maze had treated her with. But being told that so directly, didn't sit well with her.

          Lucifer fell silent, as did Isadora, the two of them simply staring at each other in the undeniable tension. Eventually, however, the deafening silence in the club broke when the speaker microphone attached to Izzy's shoulder buzzed to life, and Dan's voice spoke through, announcing the need for back-up at Strode Pharmaceuticals, where the shooter had been spotted. Sucking in the side of her cheek to swallow the frustration that was loading the air between her and Lucifer, Izzy stepped back and turned away. Without another word, she began walking away, her hands shaking and legs wobbly, but she needed to snap back to the role of an LAPD officer instead of a hurt friend. Even if both Maze and Lucifer had twisted the knife, she couldn't focus on that — she needed to help with a shooting situation, and that was the thing she tried to uphold in her mind, not the burn behind her eyes.

         Outside, Izzy unlocked the car doors again, the hot L.A air making her feel even more suffocated as she sighed deeply and sat in the vehicle. She had barely gotten the engine started when Lucifer's shiny Corvette had sped past her, revving as he drove down the streets much faster than allowed, no doubt headed to the same destination. "Son of a—", Izzy grunted, twirling the wheel in her hands as she went after Lucifer, her heart racing almost as fast as the car she couldn't possibly catch with her own.

          As soon as she reached the parking lot of the building, Izzy made sure she had her gun before locking the doors and running inside, just in time to catch a glimpse of Lucifer's carelessly worn suit. Bursting through the doors, Isadora was rushing both after the shooter and after Lucifer, only to find him stepping in front of a woman at the coffee cart — undoubtedly the next victim of the shooter. "Lucifer!", she hissed, "what the hell are you doing?", but her words went ignored, though not unheard by the man who was bravely facing the criminal.