Chapter 4

Your POV:

"Hey can you go through my music journal and tell me what you think of the lyrics" he said walking over to me and handing me the book. He always let me look through it and tell him what I thought and I usually loved them. I started looking through a couple of sings and they were about a girl, a girl that I never liked, Selena. Nearly every song he wanted me to see was dedicated to her. My heart broke, knowing the person you love, loves some else is the worst thing in the world. "They-, they're good" I faked a smile. "Are you sure, you don't seem so happy about it." I hate it when he knows that I'm hiding my feelings. Err. "Well, who is it about?" I questioned already knowing the answer. "Well...it's about...Selena." I didn't want to reply but I did. "Justin, you guys have recently started dating and you have already written hundreds of songs for her, don't get me wrong but you're getting attached to her too quickly." "That's easy for you to say, when a guy liked you, you push him away and you never told me or them why you push them away" he said getting the book off of me. "Maybe it's because I'm attached to someone, maybe I've been waiting for him for so long, maybe even if I know he'll never like me, I still have hope" I spat out not realizing what I just said. Through my watery eyes I could see Justin lost in his thoughts. "Why you don't tell me, I thought we were best friends, no secrets remember?" He questioned me. "There are some things I can't tell you, don't ask me why, I just can't" I stood up and got my bag ready to leave. "I don't think it's a good idea for me to stay tonight" I said standing at the door. Couple of seconds later Justin spoke up. "Don't leave me alone by myself, I'm sorry I didn't mean to say what I said and I'll be here when you're ready to tell me who this dude is that's so special to you" he said while walking towards me and putting his arms around my shoulder pulling me into a hug.