The Flight Home.

On the plane flight home, we are all exhausted. John and Mary are in the row in front of Sherlock and I, trying to sleep. Sherlock has his head against his seat and I have my head on his shoulder. "That can't be very comfortable."

"What?"

"My shoulder. I can't imagine it is very comfortable."

"It's not, they're boney. But it's better than nothing, plus this is somewhat relaxing."

"How so?"

I chuckle softly as I lace my fingers through his. "I don't know, being close to you is comforting. Being able to smell your cologne just makes me feel safe."

"Oh, okay... How exactly?"

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. You always snuggle with me when you sleep, if you sleep, when you're on a difficult case."

"That's not about comfort."

I sit up and look over to him. "Oh, then what is it about?"

He takes a deep breath, before taking a long pause. "Okay, it is a comfort thing." I laugh and lay my head back on his shoulder. As he leans over, laying his head against mine. "I don't understand a lot of the things I do around you."

"Like what?"

"The snuggling you, if I have a difficult case, I want to have you close to me and I want to hear your theories and opinion on it. I never thought I'd want to have children until I met you. Now, if I don't have a case, all I can think about is my future with you. I couldn't even begin to imagine it without you."

"With any luck, you won't have to."

"I love you, Janessa."

"I love you, William."

"You know I hate that name."

"Then don't call me Janessa." I shake my head and look over to the window as the lights in the cabin go out and see the stairs in the sky. I take a deep breath and go to sleep for the short while I can before the flight lands.