Baskerville

A few hours later the three of us head out to Devon, of course, there was no end of arguing from Sherlock about why I shouldn't go. Eventually, John and I win the fight after John told Sherlock that a smart, beautiful, woman may help in the countryside. When we get to Devon the three of us make our way out onto the moor. Sherlock and I make our way on top of a tall rock, overlooking the moor. "This is really beautiful isn't it?"

"I don't know. Beauty is more of your department, isn't it?"

John is on the hill beside the rock, below Sherlock and I looking at a map. He points over a large compound. "There's Baskerville." He turns and points behind us, as Sherlock and I do the same. "That's Grimpen Village. So that wooded area over there must be Dewer's Hollow."

"Is that a minefield?" I point over to an area that has a few skull and crossbones signs.

"Well, technically Baskerville's an army base, so I guess they've always been keen to keep people out."

Sherlock nods and processed to climb off the rock. "Clearly." I look around for a little while longer before Sherlock calls out to me. "Are you coming down or are you going to spend the whole trip up there."

I glance down at the boys. "That depends. If I jump will you catch me?"

Sherlock takes a step closer to the rock with his arms outstretched, as John looks at him confused, before taking a step back, in case Sherlock falls. "Are you serious? You two are insane."

I laugh softly, before I step off the rock, turning my body sideways, so that my legs and torso land in Sherlock's arms and my arms land around his neck. Sherlock cradles me in his arms for a moment, before I lean in and kiss his cheek. "Nice to know you'll catch me if I fall."

Sherlock nods, as he sits me down. "Of course, I will."

I laugh softly and John turns, shaking his head as he heads to the truck we had rented while we were here. Before I get too far away, Sherlock grabs my wrist, pulling me back into him, kissing me softly, before the two of us head back to the truck. We make our way to Grimpen Village and come across a little inn. After Sherlock parks, we all get out, as I look around. "The Cross Keys Inn... I'm not sure if that cute or an innuendo of some kind." John chuckles softly as Sherlock looks at me a little confused. I look back over at him and shrug. "What?" He shakes his head, as we start toward the entrance of the pub, where we see a tour guide talking to some tourist about the hound and the dangers of the moor at night. I hang back from the boys to talk to him, while John and Sherlock go to the pub to get us a room. Walking over to the tour guide, "Do you really give tours on the moor?" I put on a sweet and innocent act.

"Why yes, I do."

"Do you do any night tours so people have a chance to see the hound."

The guide shakes his head, "No, it'd be too dangerous. But if you'd like I could give you a private tour."

I giggle softly. "I don't know about that."

I continue my flirting act with the guide, until Sherlock comes up behind me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me into him. "Tell me, Have you seen it?"

The guide looks between the two of us confused for a moment. "Maybe."

"Got any proof?"

"Why would I tell you if I did? 'Scuse me."

At this point John comes up behind us, hanging up his phone. "I called Henry."

Sherlock cuts him off. "Bet's off, John. Sorry."

The guide stops and looks at him confused. "Bet, what bet?"

I laugh softly, still pushing the sweet and charming act. "Sherlock bet John, fifty quid, that you couldn't prove you'd seen the hound."