Wedding Day

Sherlock had spent the days leading up to John and Mary's wedding either playing his violin or trying to solve the MayFly case. He is clearly stressed about it, even though he won't admit it. Even on the morning of the wedding I can hear Sherlock playing in the sitting room. When I get up and put on my dressing gown I walk out into the sitting room and see that Sherlock is not playing, but dancing, as if he is dancing with someone else, while a stereo plays a recorded version of the song he had been working on for the past few weeks. After watching from the kitchen doorway for a moment I call out to him. "What are you doing?"

Sherlock stops in his tracks and turns to me, before turning back and turning off the stereo. "Road testing."

"I thought you were playing."

"I was, I recorded it so that I can make sure John and Mary can dance to it for their first dance."

"Is that your wedding gift to them?"

"I suppose it is."

"Well, would you like help road testing it? Kind of hard to test it by yourself."

Sherlock shrugs and motions for me to go over to him. Once I am in the middle of the sitting room with him, he starts the recording from the beginning. Placing a hand on the small of my back, as I place one on his shoulder, and he takes my hand in his before we start to dance the Waltz. Stepping and slowly spinning around the small clear area in the sitting room. Before long the door to the hall opens and Mrs. Hudson steps in, Sherlock glances to her over his shoulder, as the two of us turn so his back is to the door. "Shut up, Mrs. Hudson."

"I haven't said a word." She looks to Sherlock a bit confused.

Sherlock sighs as we continue dancing. "You're formulating a question. It's physically painful watching you thinking."

"I thought it was you playing."

He and I stop dancing before he steps over to turn off the stereo on the table. "It was me playing. I am composing."

Mrs. Hudson smiles at the two of us. "You two were dancing."

"We were road-testing."

"You were what?"

Sherlock turns to her and the tray of tea she had sit on the table next to John's chair. "Why are you here?"

"I'm bringing you your morning tea. You're not usually awake."

Sherlock sits in his chair. "You bring us tea in the morning."

I scoff softly. "She does every morning Sherlock, where did you think it came from? I mean, I wake up around the same time you do, so I couldn't be the one making it."

Sherlock shrugs. "I don't know. I just thought it sort of happened."

Mrs. Hudson shakes her head. "Your mother has a lot to answer for."

She hands a cup to Sherlock and me. "Thank you."

"Mm. I know I have a list. Mycroft has a file."

Mrs. Hudson laughs and sits in John's chair as I sit on the arm of Sherlock's. "So. It's the big day, then!"

Sherlock sips his tea. "What big day?"

I sigh softly. "The wedding. John and Mary are getting married."

"Two people who currently live together are about to attend church, have a party, go on a short holiday and then carry on living together. What's big about that?"

Mrs. Hudson sighs. "It changes people, marriage."

"Mmm... No, it doesn't."

"Well, you wouldn't understand 'cause you and Madison don't see the need for a marriage."

Loving a Holmesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें