The Unusual Encounter

The next thing I know I am looking up at the ceiling, out of breath with Sherlock beside me. I chuckle softly as I glance over to him, his dark curls almost drenched in sweat. "Well, so much for you being completely detached from your emotions."

"Hmm? Oh, well you know, endorphin and hormones."

I nod and chuckle again. "It's also a plus that we can verbally spare with each other."

Sherlock and I glance over at each other and start laughing, before hearing a knock on the door. I jump up and cover myself with the blanket. When I sit up Sherlock runs his long fingers from my shoulder down my back. "No need to be bashful after I've seen it all."

I glance at him over my shoulder before getting up. "Doesn't mean everyone needs to." I grab my robe before heading to the door, opening it to see John who looks a little worried. "Hello John, can I help you with something?"

John looks to me since he had been looking around. When his eyes land on me in my robe they widen, as his cheeks turn red. "Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't know that you had a guest."

I chuckle softly and shake my head. "It's okay, John. What do you need?"

"Uh. I was wondering if you'd seen Sherlock. I sent him down here to thank you for helping us today and return your phone."

Just then I hear Sherlock call out behind me, clearly not knowing how this situation may look to someone who sees a great value in emotional and romantic relationships. "Don't worry, John, I haven't been kidnapped again."

When I turn around I see that Sherlock is back in his slacks, shirt in hand. When I turn John pokes his head into flat, to see his friend. Growing confused, embarrassed, and a little frustrated. "Sherlock, that is not what I meant when I said to thank her."

I step to the side allowing John to step into the room, as Sherlock pulls his shirt on. "I know, it was just a perk." He smiles at John a little amused by his reaction. "Or could it be you wanted to have intercourse with Ms. Love."

I laugh softly and shake my head. "I think we are past last names, Mr. Holmes."

I wink over to him, as he crosses the room to me. "Of course, Ms. Love. I hope we can enjoy each other's company again."

His hand brushes over my side as he passes by me, as he gives me kind of a one-armed hug, and exits my flat, leaving John standing there in awe. "What... what just happened?"

I clear my throat and scratch the back of my head. "Uh... Verbal sparring gone a little too far?" John shakes his head, clearly not used to thinking of Sherlock as a sexual creature. I sigh softly. "John, everyone has those they find sexually appealing, even Sherlock."

"No, I know that. But someone who seems so...." John stops trying to find the right words.

"So unlike Sherlock? He and I are more likely than you'd think. We are very similar in some ways. Just as we are very different in others. It all comes down to the fact I have more emotional and social intelligence then Sherlock does, which is why I am able to appear more normal to the outside world then Sherlock can."

"Well, you certainly sound a lot him when you say that."

"I imagine he'd tell you something very similar."

John nods and crosses back to the door. "I'll uh... see you later Madison."

"See you later, John."