Raizadas did not have any compulsion on bahus wearing mangalsutra and sindoor, hence Khushi was never forced to wear that. but this mangalsutra held a lot of emotions. It belonged to a woman who died before her husband, which was treated as an auspicious thing in hindu customs. And nani immediately knew that there is no one who can wear that mangalsutra other than Khushi.

She kept aside the mangalsutra and looked through the other jewels when suddenly Anjali came in and took the box from nani's hand.

"Omg! Nani, these are so beautiful, mamma ki hai, hai na?" (these are my mother's right?)

Nani half heartely nodded.

Anjali picked up a solid gold neckless and placed around her neck.

"Wow, this looks so gorgeous nani, thank you so much nani, these must be worth few millions", anjali looked at those jewelleries with greedy eyes.

"Anjali beta...par yeh", nani tried to explain her.

"Oh nani, I am sure mom will be so happy to see these reach to the right person", anjali picked few of them clumsily in her hand.

"Anjali beta, these are for khu.., nani was not able to complete when anjali cut her off.

"Oh please nani, mumma would have been so heart broken if you gave these to Khushi. She would have never accepted her as Raizada bahu. We know her background. What do you expect from Gazal Gupta's daughter? I am sure she will be the first one to marry if my brother ever dies before her", anjali spatted out grinding her molars.

"Shut Up Anjali bitiya, kamse kamse apne bhai ke barein mein aise mat bolo. He is your brother".

As if anjali cared. She would he the first one to take away all the properties and throw Khushi out of the house if something like that happens.

Nani took the box from anjali's hands and kept it inside the cupboard.

Anjali saw the mangalsutra and picked up. Nani was about to turn to take the mangalsutra when she saw anjali almost tying aroung her neck.

"Kamse kam yeh to mei hi rakhungi...did you see the big diamonds in it?"

"Anjali bitiya don't, please.." nani pleaded. "I wanted to give this to Khushi in karwachaut".

"Get her a new one nani, uska pati kafi kamata hai" so he can afford anything in this world.

"This belongs to Khushi", they heard a hard and firm voice. "Aur mom ki har cheez pe sirf aur sirf meri biwi ka haq hai".

Both Nani and Anjali was stunned to see Arnav standing at the door, his eyes red in anger and his nostrils flaring. Anjali dropped the Mangalsutra on the floor being scared of her brother's rage.

Arnav's eyes traveled towards the mangalsutra which pooled near Anjali's foot and then traveling towards her pale face. He started walking towards them as if a hungry pradetor nearing his prey. Squoting a little he picked up the jewellary and clutched it in her palm. Then slowly he touched the locket on his closed eyelids and kissed to show respect to the gold as well as his mother.

"This is the reason you don't deserve any of my mother's things Di, because you don't know how to respect it and you are guilty enough to drop it on the floor. Agar aapki niyat thik hoti to aap kabhi isse nichey nahi girne dete. (if your consciences were clear you would nave never dropped it on the floor)", he said gritting his teeth.

"Arnav beta calm down, please. You trust me that's why you gave the box to me to keep it right? And I know what my daughter would have done with these. And trust me Arnav I will do the same. I am just waiting for the Karwachaut to arriave and I will give this entire box to your wife", nani panicked sensing Arnav's tension and she knew it very well no one can stand in front of Arnav when he becomes furious.