Prince Charming

It had been three consecutive three days that Arnav couldn't find his guts to visit his wife. How could be, After what he had done with her? No matter how many oaths he took, the fact remained the same "he practically raped her and took away all her innocence which he had sensed from the beginning. He hated himself, he hated to categorize him in the list of criminals. So what he was married, so what she was his wife, no man, no man has the right to torture his wife even behind closed doors. How cruel one can get by snatching away the most precious thing a woman posed. It every woman's dream to give herself away to the person she loved the most? What if she wanted to make love to him differently, in a more affectionate way? Forget about being affectionate, he was not even civilized. He treated her as like pound of flesh, on which he pounced to satisfy his physical need. No, it wasnot only his physical desire it was GG's frustration. But the question remains, does every girl suffer due to her mother's sin? Was it God's wish to make that innocent soul face such a humiliation is such an early age? The question remains, why? Why an innocent soul should face such a deadly encounter when there is no fault of hers. Wasn't she the same woman who loved her husband blindly?

Arnav couldnot eat, couldnot drink properly. Only his wife innocent face was eating him up from within. "Khushi!" he breathed a shy sitting on the wooden bench in a small garden inside the hospital premises. He had finished almost 20 buds of imported cigarettes since morning. He wasn't a chair smoker though. But the past 3 days tensions made him crib to smoke. It was his daily routine. He waited for the visitors outside so that Khushi doesnot see his face. He feared what if she gets scared? What if she retaliated with his touch, what if she felt disgusted being with him? "No, I cannot go to her room" his mind alerted him. No matter how much he wanted to go to her and talk to her, but the fact was he did not have a face in front of her. He almost killed his wife and that scare Arnav Singh Raizada can never ever make himself forget.

He looked at the blue sky which was clouded with dark patches of clouds and finally said the word he never said to anyone, "I am sorry dad, I am really sorry for hurting your princess". He not only apologized but at the same time for the first time he called Mr Gupta, dad. "I only person whom I can talk to at the moment is you", Arnav looked intensely towards the dark cloud which hovered over him as if it would gulp him down in no time. "I might have made many mistakes in life, but this one is an unbearable sin that I have committed. I know no redemption would give justice to the innocent soul whom I am smashed beneath my shoe. I don't know how to undo this. But I really want to. I may not love your daughter, but I want to protect her just like you have protected me. I cannot ask for her forgiveness as I know what I have done is unforgivable. But I can ask for your forgiveness. There had been only one person in my life who had understood me and helped me out and that's you dad. My own dad died me when I was too young and my mom passed away after giving me birth. Probably god did not want them to see their child turning into an animal so he took them away from me. "Please forgive me Dad".

A tiny drop of rain fell in his eyes making him close his eyes due to the burning cased by it. Then slowly the dark cloud poured its droplets on his entire face. It felt as if it pierced his skin, it was so sharp and edgy. He instantly smiled and then forced his eyes to look at the rain falling on him. Few drops pricked his eyes but he kept his eyes open to take the raindrops as numerous slaps from his father-in-law. Tiny drops of water can only heart someone eyes and that's what Arnav chose to take. "Thanks dad, for punishing me. I know I deserve this". He smiled again looking at the down pour. Slowly his pain eased away and his face was washed away. It felt as if his father-in-law forgave him for his sin. Wasn't it the greatest punishment for the abuser to be forgiven so easily? Will be ever ease out his heart-ache ever? Whould he be sacred to touch her once again thinking of what he did to her? What about her respect? Will she ever respect him back? Will she still be that innocent to which he fell in love with? Yes he did fell in love with her innocence but he was still not aware of that. She had already made a vulnerable place in his heart in his unawareness. Probably it will take time for him to understand it but hopefully one day he can distinguish between his feeling for other woman and his wife. She was indeed a very special person for him.