When my husband took a break, he came to my table and I introduced him to Jerry. At first, he was a little perturbed until I told him, "Sweetheart, Jerry didn't know I was married. He apologized to me at the next class. All is good now."  He shook Jerry's hand and Jerry checked out, starstruck. He only sat with us for a few minutes before he returned to the stage.  It was a small intimate crowd of about 50 and lasted for an hour.  Before the evening ended, Jerry told me he landed a job teaching at a technical school after the first of the year. It is only a couple days a week and he is happy with it to keep him busy. He will be teaching the field of information technology that his business was based on. It is like an extension of what he retired from and he is looking forward to it.

The day after the exams, we fly out to LA for the 20-week ultrasound. If we want to opt for amniocentesis, this is when it is done. We have not discussed it since the preliminary blood tests came back clear. The meet up with Chari at the Dr's office is like last month. This is an exciting ultrasound as it will be in 3D to see the babies. After Chari is prepared for the ultrasound, we go in with the Dr and get all situated for the big reveal of the babies. The Dr starts the ultrasound, moving the wand over Chari's belly. Suddenly, the twins are visible on the screen. It is so clear to see all their features, moving around and doing cute things, it takes my breath away. 

Tears are streaming down both our cheeks when he leans over to whisper in my ear, "They look like you, breathtakingly beautiful

Tears are streaming down both our cheeks when he leans over to whisper in my ear, "They look like you, breathtakingly beautiful." Chari turns her head toward me, "Gigi, there is no denying those are your girls. They look just like you." The tears are free-flowing at this point. "Even the Dr. weighs in, "Mom, those girls are the spitting image of you." I start to feel weak in the knees and back up to the chair a couple steps behind me and collapse into it. "Baby, are you feeling alright?" 

 "Baby, are you feeling alright?" 

I nod, tears still streaming down. "Sweetheart, nothing and I mean nothing could have prepared me for this. To see our babies for the first time in 3D is amazing. It is like a window, looking inside." He kneels down in front of me, holding my hands in his, "Baby, only about 4 months to go until we get to hold'em. Simply beautiful." Wrapping his arms around me, pulling me into his chest for a hug. 

Dr. Abrams clears her throat, "Mr. & Mrs. Nelson, are we doing the amniocentesis?" Quickly he stands, "No, Dr. Abrams, it's not necessary. We have all the information we need. The blood test was clear and so was our genetic testing, no need to place the babies at risk doing the testing."