Chapter 32

It’s been 3 days and Michael still ignores me, I can’t take it anymore I’m holding the necklace he gave to me. I’m on school waiting for my last period to end I know I’m still grounded but I really wanted to see Michael. I’ve been broken, why this things needs to happen when I needed him right now. I feel like a total wreck but Bree told me I should have a little pride for myself if Michael doesn’t want to talk to me then I should ignore him too, but I can’t. I love him too much and I can’t stand this whole thing.

School has ended today and I took a bus to go home. I was staring on the window as the bus drives, I can see my reflection through the glass seeing the necklace that he gave makes me cry but I don’t want to and trying not to let it out. What if Michael didn’t really love me like he’s really doing all of this to his girlfriends and just coaching Ashton and Jen or whoever his friends are to make me feel like I’m the only girl he loves and he already give tons of necklaces, this is what I hate I’ve been thinking a lot and non-sense stuff about him, about us.

The bus stopped and I went down I walk straight to my house as I did I saw Karen and she’s standing on the corner of the post sign. I just smiled at her and keep on walking but she grabs my arm I was completely feel scared as I turn around and face her.

“Lai, can we talk?” Karen said.

“About what?” I said and I had goose bumps.

“Why don’t we talk properly, let’s have some coffee.” She said.

Karen and I walk to the nearest coffee shop where Michael took me before. I don’t know what will Michael’s mom want to talk about but I’m scared. We both sat on the corner and she ordered a regular brewed coffee and I just get an iced cold one.

“What do you want to talk about?” I asked.

“First, I just wanted to say sorry.” She said.

“It’s alright I understand if you want the best for Michael.” Then I took a sip on my coffee.

“I feel scared that is all.”

I gulped when she said, will Karen tell me the truth about Michael?

“Why you’re scared? Did Michael do something?” I’m feeling worried.

“The reason I came to see you is that, Michael run away again, I don’t know where he go. I thought he was with you that’s why I went here.” She said and starts to cry.

“What?!” I shouted. People from the café looked at us I stared at her and continue talking.

“Karen, Mrs. Clifford, I, I don’t know where he is. He doesn’t even answer my call.”

“I guess, I just really cross over the line.” She said.

“Cross over the line, what do you mean?”

“Because I keep on telling him to stay away from you, I didn’t tell him I talk to you because I know he will get really mad at me but I guess he really take it seriously right now and he run away again.” She explained.

I stand on my chair and rub her back though I have a little hate towards Michael’s mom, but she’s a mother and I understand what she was going through.

“I’m sorry…” I said.

“It’s not your fault, it’s me, and it’s always been me.” Karen said and she already stopped crying.

I went back to my seat and just staring on my coffee and holding the necklace.

“What do you mean he run away again, why he always run away?” I asked.