Chapter 12

Michael's POV

It's late night around 12:53am currently hanging out with Ashton. I don't wanna go home because I had an arguement with my mom earlier, I called Jen to pick me up when I was home my mom got mad at me again when I told her I'm liking someone she said it will be a big distraction. When I talked to Jen on the phone I didn't know she hangs out with Lai, she told me they met more than once but Jen hasn't told Lai we know each other I guess I should tell her soon before something went wrong. Also I told Lai I have a band not a huge band but we will get there, hopefully. Lai calls me but I didn't answer good thing I receive a voicemail from her few hours ago she said "Hi Michael be here around 9:30am we'll do the recordings tomorrow. See you. Ummm, I miss you too, bye." I seriously can't stop smiling she missed me already I keep replaying it. I guess she really do like me but there this one thing stopping me the reason I ran over to Ashton to ask him with few advice. I didn't answer Lai's call because we were drinking I don't wanna look bad at her after what I've said to her about my feelings and being all cheesy but I'm damn serious, I want her and I want her as a whole.

"Ash, I want to ask you something." I said.

"What is it? If this is about our band gigs I'm telling you, we will be signed over there." Ashton said while drinking his beer.

"No, about to a.. ummm" I'm too shy to ask Ashton but I'm telling you his one of my best friends. I wanna ask Jen but I don't wanna bother her.

"I guess it's about that girl isn't?" Ashton raise his left eyebrow at me.

"Yeah...." I sighed.

"What about her?"

"Marco told me not to get along with her and don't get too attached."

"What? Marco? You mean your instructor?"

"Yeah, Marco told me that before I confess my feelings towards Lai."

"Why is Marco involved? I'm confuse Mike."

"He's the step-father." I bow my head down and cover my face with my hands.

I let out a deep breathe. Ashton rub my back he told me; "Look man, if you like her then go for it I can feel she likes you a lot too and if you're too serious to be with her you should fight for it, I mean if Marco's the wall then break it as long as the risk aren't big enough for both of you and won't ruin something you'll regret." This is why I like about Ashton his too matured for this kind of conversation.

"Thanks man!" As I pick up my beer and had a 'cheers' with him.

"Seriously Michael, I don't know why that Marco guy is so interested with you I mean he just met you on the street and your mom agrees quickly that he wanna support you." Ashton said and he got me thinking again.

"Me too, I still don't know why but hey at least he will help me on my college application can't say no to that and you know my situation." I said.

"Yeah but still don't you find it mysterious? Or I'm just over thinking?" Ashton laughed I guess he's drunk.

"I don't know Ashton but all I want right now is to kiss her" I blurted out, I think the alcohol runs all over me.

Lai's POV

It's Monday morning finally one week left mom will be home. I hope she'll be back sooner it's 8:00am and I get myself ready 'cause Jc will pick us up over here for the recording but Michael hasn't replied to me. I called him still no answer so I texted him.

*Michael don't forget! 9:30am at my house!!*

I go downstairs and get a bowl of cereal. Marco is asleep on his office, I look over so I would know. After eating my cereal I went back upstairs and get a shower and wear a navy blue dress and my white keds I let my hair flow down so my tip dyed blue hair will be seen, I hope Michael will like it. I know Jc will pick us at 10:00am but I'm too excited. It's already 9:00am and still no news from Michael. Is he busy? I'm thinking he spend his night with his bandmates because he told he's in a band I called him again but still nothing. Time is ticking, if Michael didn't show up I won't talk to him after what he said to me, this thing happened already? Wait. I'm overthinking. We're not together. Maybe he's really busy. I sighed. I lay down on my bed and called Bree good thing she answered.

"I miss him" I whined.

"Then why are you calling me?" Bree said.

"Because he doesn't answer. I miss him already."

"So I can see this is real now, remember Lai don't push it too much I don't wanna see you like before."

"I know but I guess Michael is the real deal." I sound so defensive.

"That's what you told me before with Calum."

"Shut up Bree. I don't wanna hear it."

"Hey don't get bitter!" She yelled.

"Is Luke even a real deal with you?" I asked her but I sound mad.

"What? Why are you even asking me that way?" She's angry.

"Sorry, I'm just... I hate it when you keep inserting Calum on our convo especially like this one." I cried a little.

"Oh my God! I'm sorry Lai! I just want to remind you not to hurt you but to make open your eyes, I love seeing you happy and all but I'm also responsible for you because you're my bestfriend, sister perhaps."

"Thanks Bree, for everything."

"We should double date." Bree said.

"Yes! Plan it because you're the queen."

"Alright, bye talk to you later!" Then Bree hangs up.

Still thinking about Michael. We haven't get along that much but when we hang out at the beach I can't forget how he acted sweet to me. Literally can't wait to have more of that in the near future I'm laughing to myself I already imagine this things, Gosh I had it so bad. Michael got me that quickly. I don't wanna be pushy and rush everything I'll let him say it first or whatever might happen.

After all this talking to myself my phone buzzed. I got a text from Jc.

*I'll be there quarter to 10! See yah!*

*Alright, but Michael is not yet around :(* I replied.

*What? Just wait for me. Talk to you later xx*

I called Michael again hopefully he will answer this time. He promised me he'll do it also he said yes to Marco as the phone rings, finally! He answered but it's not Michael. It's a girl. A very familiar voice.