Help

Song of the Chapter:
I Know You So Well - Shiloh Dynasty

Warning: the chapter I'm about to send contains mature themes and triggers that may not be suitable to some readers. Viewer discretion is advised.

Please excuse any mistakes.
______________________

The next morning, I was in my bed, tossing and turning. I hadn't gotten any sleep at all since I came home. U couldn't stop thinking about what happened between me and Will. Even though Diego has cheated in me plenty of times, I still felt guilty about what I did. I need to get some sleep soon though, because I have to work tonight.

As I was about to drift off to sleep, but I heard the front door open and slam. Knowing exactly who it was, I groaned as I turned myself away from the door. I did not feel like dealing with Diego's antics this morning at all. I heard the bedroom door open and then I felt the bed dip. A pair of arms went around me and the smell of weed went up my nose.

"Hey baby, I missed you." I pushed him off of my and scooted closer to the end of the bed. "Sure you did." I closed my eyes and attempted to go to sleep.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around me again. "My gem... I made it into the gang." That made me open my eyes widely and turn around to face him. "The hell you just say?"

"I said I made it in the gang. I'mma be selling drugs and poppin' off folks and shit. Making money for the family." He smiled at me.

I huffed before rubbing my temples. "Diego... baby. I'm happy for you accomplishment, I really am. But you know that shit is hella dangerous. What if one of y'all's rivals get to kidnapping and killing people y'all care about? What if they kill you?"

"But-"

"What if they decide to take me away? Or Imani? What if something happens to Imani because of you gang? Whatchu gonna do then?" He stayed silent as I looked at him, waiting for an answer. "Now, I need to go to sleep, I have to work tonight."

I laid my head down and tried again to go to sleep, but couldn't due to Diego calling my name.

"Gem. Geemmmmmm. APHRODITE!"

"What nigga, damn!" I looked at him, getting tired of him already.

"You gotta come to my first meeting tonight." I looked at the nigga like he was crazy. Did he not hear what I just said. "Didn't I just say I gotta work tonight?" I told him as I laid down again. He flipped me over and got on top of me.

"You coming to this damn meeting. Yo ass can call in sick. You can afford to miss a day." I shook my head as I glared at him. "Bitch, what did I say?"

"Nigga, what I say? I want to work so that I can have a good amount of savings to go into in case of an emergency. And just incase you haven't noticed, I got bills to pay. One day of not working can change a whole lot of shit. Now let me the fuck go." I spat at him as I pushed him off of me. His ass fell off the bed which cause me to laugh.

I got off the bed and made my way to the kitchen. I grabbed a bag of hot fries and some water and headed to the living room. Since I couldn't sleep, I might as well start watching Grey's Anatomy from the beginning until I doze off. As I turned on Netflix, I opened up my bag of chips and started eating them two by two. Diego walked in the living room and looked at me with a hint of disgust. "This why yo ass fat now. Doing all this damn eating."

I rolled my eyes and continued eating. I don't give a damn if I'm fat, skinny, slim. I'm still a damn snack. No one can tell me otherwise. "Nigga fuck you."