I Don't Care. Or Do I?

Song of the Chapter:
Idfc - Blackbear

Please excuse any mistakes.
_______________

I was finally relieved. I knew that Imani was in a safe haven, which was my brother's house, and Diego went to go do some business with his friends, so I had some time to myself for now. I had promised to go out with Remi either tomorrow or tonight, so I chose tonight. Especially considering the fact that I have to go to work tomorrow night.

Remi told me there was a new club downtown called Club Zion. We decided to try it out, since all of the other clubs were at least a 30 minute drive. This one was only a 10 minute drive.

After lathering myself in lotion and putting on some good perfume, I put on some natural makeup and hid the bruises that decided to stick around for the night. I then put on a black long sleeved shirt with a camo midi skirt. I paired this outfit with my black knee-high boots. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled at myself. I felt good about who I was looking at in the mirror.

As I was admiring myself, I heard the front door open and closed. Assuming that Diego was back home, I groaned. But instead I saw my fake bae in my doorway, cheering me on.

"Girl, are you trynna snatch a nigga up or something? I wouldn't mind if you did though, because Diego is a pussy ass bitch." Remi pulled me into a side hug before taking out her phone and snapping a picture of us. She posted the picture on Snapchat and put her phone away.

I grabbed my purse and put my phone inside. "If we wanna catch that free entry, we need to go now!" I grabbed Remi's hand and went outside, going towards the car. I pushed her into the passenger's seat while I got in the driver's seat.

I took a look at what Remi had on. She had a mustard-colored dress that complimented her skin tone with some white heels. She had her crochet twists in a bun. "By the way, you look snatched, bae." I started up the car and drove to Club Zion.

__________________

About seven minutes later, we made it to the club. We stepped out and strutted our way to the entrance. Well Remi did, I held on to her and wobbled my way, due to the fact that I'm still learning to walk in heels. "Girl, you should've worn some flats or something!" Remi laughed as she went to the security guard. I glared at her and then looked up at the security guard.

"May we go in?" I asked sweetly as the security guard looked at me and chuckled.

"That's cute and all, Ms. Proper. But..." He looked behind me and chuckled some more. "You both are going to have to wait in line just like everyone else." He pointed to the line and we looked back. That line went all the way to the end of the block and curved over. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Watch and learn, Ms. Proper." Remi whispered in my ear before going up to the security guard and putting her hand on the bottom of his face. "If you let us in, I'll give you a little treat later." She bit her lip and looked at the man seductively. He whispered something in his ear before opening the rope. "Come on, girlie." She grabbed my hand and led me into the club.

When we entered the club, the air felt... clean. You know how you usually smell sweaty bodies and alcohol? Well this place smelled brand new. Then again, this place is brand new.

It was also really dark in here. The only sources of light were the party lights and the fixtures from the bar. Remi dragged me to the bar and ordered four shots. I looked at her with an expressionless face.

"Remi, really? You know I can't drink. Especially after what happened last time." She gave me a look that read, 'party pooper'.

"Come on, Jewel! Its just a few drinks." She begged. After hearing her complaining and begging for almost five minutes, I finally gave in, which made her very happy. The drinks came in and we each took two glasses. I hesitated before drinking one of the shot glasses, feeling the burning sensation down my throat. I haven't felt that in a long time.