Chapter 10: Accident Prone

*Cara POV*

I could hear everyone being introduced, but I was more anxious about what I was doing more than how many people were there. Mikey came in for the long, passionate kiss, and I sighed happily. The two boys exited the back-room first, which left me by myself to be consumed by the negative thoughts.

"They'll hate you just like everyone else does. I mean, look at you! You're fat, and ugly. I'm surprised they haven't slaughtered you yet, you pig," the voice of Stone rumbled through my memory.

I can't let hate get to me. I flushed my mind of negative thoughts. I checked my hair, cleaned my little smudged mascara, and flattened my dress. I was broken from my self-conscious trance by an immense wailing sound.

"Cara Kegler!" Mikey and Luke yelled together.

I started to walk on stage, but remembered, "These people payed money to see me."

So, I cartwheeled, rounded off, and did a few front handsprings, and posed in-between the two boys. My ears were enveloped in claps and cheers coming from the crowd, Mikey and Luke.

"Okay, okay. So, that was really impressive, but let's introduce ourselves. For those of you who don't know me, Hi! I'm Luke Korns, and on YouTube, my channel is UncleKorncob." Luke bellowed, trying to contain his randomness and excitement.

The responsive claps were loud.

"I'm Mikey Murphy, and my channel is Mikeisaverage! I may be average, but my videos aren't! You may grow to like me, like others have!" Mikey nudged my shoulders, causing my cheeks to grow redder than my blush.

The responsive cheers were ear-bleedingly loud.

"I'm Cara Kegler, and I will be starting to post videos on my new channel CurtseyChordsandCara!"

The cheers were deafeningly loud. I stumbled, and laughed with Mikey and Luke.

"They love you as much as I do!" Mikey whispered.

Literally, all of the girls whipped their phones out and subscribed to us. The first thing we did was "Truth or Dare" from the audience. Luke was dared to crowd surf, I had to admit my first kiss.

"My first kiss, was with another YouTuber, to which I will not name, for my sake and theirs," I avoided their question.

But most eyes flickered between me and Mikey, who was blushing madly. Mikey, was forced to do the "Grind on me" dance on the floor. Those kind of dares and questions continued on for about 10 minutes.

Next, we had to do a couple challenges, like the "Chubby Bunny", "Canned Food", and "Vegemite" challenges.

And I won the "Vegemite" and "Canned Food" challenges, by eating waxed beans, and finishing my spoon of Vegemite. Admittedly, I wanted to throw-up, but come on, I was in front of judgmental teenagers, my boyfriend, and I was a while away from spare clothes. Surprisingly, Mikey and Luke tied for the "Chubby Bunny" Challenge with eight large marshmellows.

We were given mints, which was probably the most cherished gift we will ever recieve.

"Okay, so, the first thing we'll be doing is answering you're questions! First one, from @Mikeysnipple: Do you have any siblings?" Luke read from the projector.

I froze. Shit, shit, shit! Do I lie? No, no. Well, he is in jail...

"Yes, a twin brother, and a sister," Luke replied.

"Nope! I'm a single child!" I gleefully replied.

An arm wrapped around my waist, and gasps were heard from the crowd. I felt like it was Mikey, because the girls looked surprised. I turned my head, and it was smacked back forward so hard that my beanie fell off.

"Not Mikey. Definitely not Mikey," I thought.

I felt myself being dragged backwards, and the microphone was detached from my dress.

I made eye contact with Mikey, but embarrassedly looked away.

"That's actually not true! She's got a brother, and he's right here!"

Stone. He has to ruin everything, doesn't he?

"Isn't that right?" he asked, taking my chin between his thumb and index finger.

I stayed silent, not because I didn't want to contradict myself, but because I physically couldn't. I'd had a nightmare about this type of thing occurring, but it wasn't stationed here. It took place during my feature twirling routine, when he slit my throat, and turned my teal and white uniform red.

I felt my breathing restrict, "ISN'T THAT RIGHT?"

He pushed my head to the side roughly. I started coughing, and he pressed harder.

I looked at Mikey from the corner of my eye, who'd stepped up, and Luke, who'd hid behind him. I didn't blame him, I would hide too from a steroid-using-body-builder. I looked into Mikey's eyes, and a tear rolled down my face. He shook his head, face contorted with mixed emotions. His arms were rippling, and relaxing, while he was thinking about what to do.

*Mikey's POV*

After wasting time I could've used to rescue my girlfriend, I decided to do what I should've done at the beginning; make unreasonable loud noises to attract security's attention.

"You know what happens to bitches like you? They die-"

"No, NO, NONO!" I yelled, advancing towards Stone.

He twisted her neck, in the fashion that broke it, and the girl of my dreams sprawled on the floor. The girls shrieked, and finally police flooded the stage from all angles, whilst I pulled Cara into my arms.

She was turning blue, and the police officer guided me to the first aid station, which was through all these back hallways. It literally was the ghetto of hallways; it had graffiti, concrete floors with stains and spots, and burnt out or flickering lights.

The woman, seeing Cara's face was blue, pulled a By-Pap machine out of a little wire basket, handing me the electric coord, whilst adjusting the mask to her face. After turning it on, her face re-gained color, and the machine made a really terrifying noise. The woman continued to feel, to see if anything else was wrong with Cara, and nothing else seemed to be the problem. There were a few strained muscles, but nothing broken, which I was overly grateful for. I stroked the back of her hand with my thumb, and tucked some of her hair behind her ears.

"I figure she'll be in pain," I thought.

"She may be in pain, yes. It depends on her pain tolerance," I said that out loud "Okay, sir, I need you to answer some questions for medical records," she requested.

We filled out the paperwork, and Cara slowly woke up, and Luke popped in.

"The scheduler said she was pushing back all of the scheduled activities with us, so Cara can rest the rest of the day," Luke enthused.

"No, no," Cara removed the mask that was muting her. "I'm fine, I really am. I can attend those events. Can I? Please? I really am fine, and I hate to disappoint," she begged, while grabbing her beanie from Luke, and plopping it over her now-messed-up-hair.

Isn't my girlfriend a badass?

"You truly feel fine? Because if you don't, it could truly put your life in danger," the nurse stressed.

"I promise I feel great. My neck hurts a bit, but maybe a little pain-relief cream and I'll be fine," Cara confirmed.

"Can I go tell the scheduler to put us back on track?" Luke asked.

The nurse nodded reluctantly, and gave her some aspirin. She released Cara and told her to return if anything else occurred. With that, we escaped from the ghetto hallway, hand in hand. I took out my phone, and checked the schedule, and returned to the events.

Authors Note:

What's up guys? Hooray for quadruple updates, yeah?! How'd you like this chapter? Really threw you for a spin, right? Y'all need to really tell me what you're enjoying and what you aren't, so I can make it how you like it. Vote, Comment, Add to your reading lists, and follow! Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes... I'm typing on an iPad in a moving car! Camp was great, thanks for asking. I have a black eye though 0_o

QOTC- Do you hate this book?