Chapter 15: Releases and Revelations

*Cara's POV*

"Miss Kegler, I'm afraid that you might have to return to the testing facility in Ontario." Dr. Listhrop whispered, "But upon return they would surely execute you, and we mustn't have that. So, we could lie to say that those records weren't recorded correctly, or I could delete the records..."

I nodded, "Do the nurses know? About..."

He shook his head and I smiled slightly.

"My secret is safe with me," I thought.

My mother sighed, and rubbed my exposed back. I returned my eyes to the mirror above the sink. I took a sip of my water as the discussion continued.

"But if they do find her, would you be willing to lie to protect her?" Derrick tested.

"I mean, I broke her out. So, yes, I would," Dr. Listhrop answered, pushing my face up from its blank stare with his index finger.

He blared a hand held flash-light in my eye, and held it open. He looked down my throat, and listened to my breathing.

I thanked him, and he agreed to release me early, seeing to that I'd been in a coma for 6 days. My neck was healing well, and with some medications, I'd be fine. He left, and Derrick turned back to me, with a death-stare.

After Dr. Listhrop walked out of the glass door, Derrick swung around and pointed his finger at me, "When they release you, you say nothing to your friends. We put a cap on the media, and witnesses have been told to not say anything. Cops are closing their mouths, and this'll all die down soon. But, you could definitely screw this up if you don't play your cards right..." Derrick preached, making sure to hit every guilt note.

"Wow, I just can't get a break. Yesterday I almost died, and today they're lecturing me, as if it's my fault," I mumbled.

I nodded absent-mindedly, and reclined back in my bed, awaiting Mikey to return. Mother took a trip home to grab me some clothes, and Derrick went to practice for the first time in a week.

"They're going to find me. They're going to kill me. They're going to-"

I heard a knock at the door, so I let out a little squeal, before looking; Mikey. Of course, he had something behind his back, and Panera. I laughed, and told him to come in.

"What's that?" I questioned.

"I think a better question is why were you worried? Am I that ugly?" he asked, holding his chest.

"Totally, I'm bliinnnddd!!!" I exaggerated, holding my hands over my eyes.

He leaned in, and I withered away from his kiss, turning away from his affection.

I have to protect him from me. From them. From everything.

He pulled back after kissing my cheek, obviously confused; I just smiled back.

"But anyways, a cinnamon roll and panini for the princess, and a hoagie for meee!" he enthused.

I glared at him, flickering my eyes at the paper peaking out from behind his back.

"Oh that? That's just-"

He pulled out one of my batons and held it out. One end was 'blossoming' with paper flowers and had glittery pipe cleaners sticking out with little butterflies on them. I gasped, and opened my arms for a hug.

"Oh my gosh! That- That's amazing! How'd you do that?" I asked.

"Who would've known YouTube had a tutorial on how to make flowers?" he joked.

I hit his arm playfully, and took my bouquet. All of my favorite colors: teal, pink, turquoise, blue, purple, green.

"Actually, I think that flower has something in it?" Mikey observed.

I looked through all of the colorful flowers, Finally landing on a large royal blue flower. I pulled it out of the bouquet.

"You love me, you love me not?" he suggested.

I pulled every paper petal from flower, and saw that every one had a word on it. I pushed them around on the thin cotton blanket covering my (hairy) legs.

"Cara Andrina Kegler will you go to homecoming with me?" I read, after piecing the paper in a sentence.

I looked up, and Mikey was on a knee, holding his hand out for me to take.

"Hmm, I don't think..." I sounded serious.

He looked lost, and confused.

"Oh, if you already had plans, that's-"

"You didn't let me finish. I don't think I could say no!" I exclaimed.

I leapt from my bed, tugging the machines along too. I wrapped my arms around his neck, then remembered I wasn't shaven or well-clothed, and returned to the safety of my bed.

We ate our lunch happily, reclining on my shitty-little-bed. We snuggled while watching some weird spanish movie on the small television in my room. Eventually Derrick and my mother showed back up, way after lunch, obviously.

Derrick proceeded to question Mikey, seeing if I'd ever told him anything of my past, and after a while Derrick gave up.

I sighed, finally being able to leave this stress and disease-filled hell hole, since Dr. Listhrop gave us the prescriptions and the 'Okay' to leave. He gave me the "keep quiet" smile, as I made small talk with the nurse.

They treated me as if I was about to spill my life secrets. Maybe they thought of me like if a murderer just went up to someone and said, "Hey, that shirt is really nice. How was your day? Good, good. I brutally murdered someone. No, this weather's great." Like, I'm sort of intelligent enough to not do that.

I took my clothes into the small en-suite bathroom, after having my needles and bandages removed. I looked in the mirror, at myself in this really bad lighting. I honestly didn't look overly terrible, just reddened stitches on my neck, and some other bruises, but over-all, pretty good for being shot.

I untied the two strings on my paper-like gown. I held my hands out, and watched the green dress float to the floor.

I was sort of skinny, all the skinnier I wanted to be. My thighs touched, but that was fine. I didn't want to be a tooth-pick, although that was one of the reasons I would never be a professional dancer. But I thought I looked perfect. Well, minus the inscriptions on my front hips.

"Unlovable. Unsaved. Unredeemed. Ugly. Damned. Lost sheep..." and the list went on.

A tear started to slip down my cheek, and forcefully I wiped it away.

"You're not allowed to cry. Worthless people have no reason to cry, they don't deserve to cry. They deserve to die," I repeated the words of my holders.

I had to be strong. They couldn't know, because if I let them know, they'd send me back. But how could I get better without confessing? Confessing sins is how you are saved, or at least that's what they beat into my head for 4 years.

I put on the same fake smile I wore everyday, and exited the bathroom.

Smile. Lie. Repeat.

Authors Note:

Heyooooo! BIG SECRET REVEALED nExT Chapter. Sooooooo stay tuned? Thanks to all the beautiful people who enjoy this story, because y'all badass. Anywayysss, Vote, comment, and all that jazz because it really helps me out! We should try to get this story the number one story tagged "Mikey Murphy" because y'all can do it! Anyways, thank you all so much.

QOTC- Who was your first YouTuber you watched?