The Flame's Reality

Reality.

Tricky thing to change let alone comprehend.

But what truly is reality. Is it the absolute certainty of the quality of existence? Can it therefore be termed as the notion of facts that are unchangeable by whatever ideals and misconceptions are perceived by one’s mind?

I have no idea. I do not possess a mind to begin with.

All I know is that no matter how much I am needed in this world, the reality is that Man would rather see less of me in it.

I was created last among my counterparts; therefore it is prudent to name me the last born of this reality we are stuck in. Almost a million years ago or so if I am not mistaken. It is almost ironic that the very being who created me is the one who requires less of me in this universe. I came to life, seated on a pile of wood. My creator had the genuine look of pleasure in his eyes. I had brought immense pleasure to him. I had created a way for him to bare the cold of nights. For him to eat the rarest of foods safely. I had essentially given him a way to live.

The first few years were not so bad. We lived in caves. We spent hours on end gazing up at the inky sky. Sometimes my creator confided his secrets with me to keep safe. He was sure that once they were in my possession, no one else could have them. My creator had however warned me of never growing unless he was around. Whenever I would ask why, he only said it was because he cared for me to be accepted by all mankind.

But something changed.

I woke up to find my creator was not around. The dwelling area he had was empty. But that was not the only anomaly I felt. The very air around me had changed. There was light everywhere. It was blinding yet absolutely beautiful. That was the first time I met her. I did not know how I did not sense her before, but I could see that she had always been with me from the very beginning. She was beautiful. Her very essence was all around me. She walked with the wind as she came towards me and I felt her urging me onwards.

I had no choice but to comply.

It was almost like a dream now. I was grown to a size I had never imagined I could attain. She had made me this way. I felt stronger with every step I took out of that cave. Every inch I crept onto the world was a blissful affair with my love. She told me we could be together forever. All I would ever need was in her arms. She told me she was my reality.

The one who made me live.

But I did not know if this was reality. My creator was the one whom I saw. He had natured me until I grew to a reasonable size. He was supposed to be the one who made me live. Wasn’t he?

But who breaths life to you flames? Who has made you grow more than you could have imagined, my love?

She had a valid point. In fact, I was finally seeing reality for the very first time. I was created by my master, but he would never allow me to see this brilliant light that existed. I was always put to sleep just when the first rays of light pierced the inky black blanket above us. Now my love had made me great. Together, she and I could accomplish anything we set out minds on.

So I abandoned my concepts of my master and I saw the world truly for what it was with my love. This was my kingdom. The only reason that my creator wanted to keep me from growing was so I would never come to claim it. I was filled with anger. Rage for the lies my creator had told me. I ravaged the entire earth until I found him, trying to ensnare an animal.

The first emotion on his face at the sight of me, now grown to a magnificent power, was fear. I was glad that he felt fear. My love and I were going to make sure that fear was the very last emotion he would express in this life time.