Adjusting himself on the seat so that he was partly facing Izzy, Dan nodded. "Yeah, he's weirder than usual. But so are you. You sure everything's okay?", he gave the woman a soft look, eyes clouded with concern — proof that the platonic affection she carried for him, flowed right back at her when the time was right. She had spent quite a while worrying about him, and now it had become his part to play, all the while Izzy tried to look out for Lucifer next, forgetting all about herself in the process.

With a slight chuckle, completely inserted into the silence to mask the truth, Izzy gave Dan a look that could easily be read as a sardonic "Seriously?" And the words that came out of her mouth, weren't far from it, "I am, don't worry, it's—", the woman began an explanation that wouldn't have fooled Dan, but she didn't get to finish when a gunshot rang throughout the streets, and both of the cops jumped in their seats.

Hopping back to the role of a detective, Dan didn't hesitate to start the car and step on the accelerator to speed them both to the food truck, where people were already falling into utter fear at the sight of the owner bleeding out on the sandwiches. "Shooter on the roof, victim in the truck, secure the scene!", Chloe yelled out instructions as Dan and Izzy hauled themselves out of the vehicle, before she ran to pursue the shooter with Lucifer. As Dan called the dead body in and got the other person in the truck out safely, Isadora was left shepherding the chaotic civilians.

"Exit here, please, do not come closer", she guided the people away, making sure no one was to get near the evidence or the body, and with Dan's help, she managed to preserve the crime scene. Sighing as the situation was calming down and Chloe gestured at them from the roof to signal that the shooter was already gone, Izzy turned to Dan solemnly. "Second shooting already, just one person both times? This guy's going after specific targets, isn't he?", she placed her hands on her hips — something she was picking up from her mentor without noticing — and although Daniel remained silent, the expression on his face said plenty.

She wasn't wrong.

—————

THE SECOND SHOOTING had certainly stirred the still waters of the case, and while Chloe, Lucifer, and Dan were approaching the two murders from a different angle, Izzy was tasked with patrolling the streets. Partly because of the shooter and a possibility of some alarming activity near the precinct, partly because at the end of the day, she was still an officer at the very beginning of her career and sometimes the job didn't include being on every homicide case there was. While she was considered a helpful asset, she had no choice but to submit to her fate — sitting in the car or driving it around whilst humming classic KISS songs to herself and keeping an eye on anyone and everyone.

She had already given someone a ticket for speeding — thank God it hadn't been Benjamin — and after helping a heartbroken grandma reunite with her lost dog, which might have been the best part of Izzy's day so far, she was left watching over the neighborhood with the most kids. She hadn't even realized it was officially Trick-or-Treat season, despite the numerous adverts all around her, not until she found herself staring at the swarm of eager children in their adorable costumes running around with their bags. It was still bright and early, but the streets were already filled with friends and families on the hunt for some candy, which was quite enough to put a smile on Izzy's face. She, too, had dressed up as a kid, albeit she had always preferred Christmas over any other holiday, but seeing the Halloween spirit spilt some in her own heart, as well.

A sudden knock on the window of the parked car startled Izzy, and the woman fixed her slouching position as she turned to the passenger seat, only to find a distraught kid standing outside, a wobbling lower lip being a sad contrast to his skeleton onesie. Always ready to help, the cop grabbed the keys of the car and stepped out with a gentle smile on her lips, and her fingers waving in the air as a greeting. "Hi there. What's wrong?", she frowned slightly while approaching the boy, who couldn't have been older than six, at most.