Bonus chapter

{This takes place before chapter 6}

Mariah's: P.O.V.

"Shhh, be quiet."

"Where are we even going?" I ask.

Vic woke me up in the middle of the night. He wanted to take me somewhere. Vic refuses to tell me where we're going. We are trying to sneak out of the school at this very moment. Of course, my shoes are squeaky and they aren't making it easy to be quiet.

We slowly walk through the hallway to make sure we don't run into anyone. Quietly and carefully we make it outside the school doors. Vic briskly closes the door, making sure not to make a sound. Vic unlocks his car and we hop in.

"Seriously Vic, where are we going?"

"Don't worry about it, just trust me." He smiles at me. I decided to put my trust in him to know he would never put me in harm's way. Vic starts up the car and we pull out of the school's parking lot. Vic drove for about 15-20 minutes. It was a silent car ride, it wasn't an awkward silence. The silence was my curiosity taking over, wondering as to where we might be heading. It was a nice kind of silence, Vic didn't dare try to break it either.

Vic took a right turn off the road and went down a dark path finally, he stopped and parked the car. I looked outside the car window and we were in the middle of nowhere. All there was were trees upon trees on this stary night. I move my hand to the handle of the door and open it, I continue to look around.

"Were in the middle of the woods?" I ask him

"Turn around," He tells me. I turn around and I lookout, and my was it beautiful. We were on a cliffside and you can see the perfectly lit up sky. I looked up at every twinkling star up in the sky.

"V-vic this is... beautiful." I was, no pun intended, star-struck. "How did you find this place, Vic?"

"I sneak out of the school a lot, you get bored being in one place for a long period of time. I decided to go out driving one night when I saw this trail. Being me, I got curious and drove down the trail and thus, finding this location." Vic explains. He opens the back of his van and there is a blanket and picnic basket. Vic lights up candles when he looks over at me. "Well, are you just going to stand there?" I walk to the back of the van and sit down on the blanket Vic laid out.

"Vic, this is so beautiful, thank you for taking me here." Vic sits down next to me and wraps his arm around me. I leaned my head into his shoulder taking in his comfort. It's odd but I've always felt safe with Vic.

Vic and I spent the night just talking, goofing around and getting to know each other. We even got into deeper topics.

"Mariah look, a shooting star!" I turn from Vic and into the night sky, seeing my first ever shooting star. The comet was beautiful, shining brightly in the night time. Vic looks at me "Make a wish Mariah." I close my eyes and I make a wish. I thought hard about my wish, but it came to me. I wish to never lose Vic, I need him by my side. He's the very reason why I'm happy. He's changed my life for the better and I don't want to lose that.