For Imani

Song of the Chapter:
Make This Song Cry - K Michelle

Warning: the chapter I'm about to send contains domestic abuse. Viewer discretion is advised.

Please excuse any mistakes.
___________________________

I arrived at home, and held Imani in my arms tightly as I opened the door. I closed the door quietly as I stepped inside the house. I immediately heard Diego's footsteps come towards me. His eyes went from rage to love as he looked at Imani. He took her away and began talking to her. As his voice faded away into the hall, I went into the kitchen to make her a bottle of milk. After pouring some water in the bottle and putting formula in it, I closed it tight and began to shake it. A pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist, which startled me. Diego. He buried his face in my neck and kissed it.

"I love you so much, baby." He continued kissing me as I ignored him and fixed Imani's bottle. He continued to try to butter me up, which started annoying me badly. "You really expect me to believe that after the shit you just pulled?" Noticing the bottles of beer and vodka on the table, I rolled my eyes at him. He's drunk.

I pushed him away and went towards Imani's room to give her, her bottle. As I picked her up and put her in my arms again, Diego came in and started yelling at me again. His bipolar ass.

"Why didn't you cook me dinner yet! My ass is hungry!" He started complaining like a little ass child.

His yelling made Imani start crying. I glared at him before putting her bottle down and giving her a pacifier. As I start rocking her, I said, "For one thing, you ain't finna be yelling at me in front of my child. You know she hates that. For another thing, you have hands, arms, legs, feet, and taste buds that God gave you. You can go make your own shit. My number one priority right now is Imani."

He walked out the room as I put Imani in her crib. I set her bottle next to her and turned on her TV. After putting Rugrats in the DVD player, I heard her small claps and adorable giggles. I went to her and tickled her making her giggle more. "I love you, Mani." I gave her a soft kiss on the forehead before going into the kitchen to make myself a glass of wine.

When I entered the kitchen, I see more beer bottles on the table than before. I roll my eyes again as I got the wine bottle from the wine cooler. As I was grabbing the wine glass, a pair of arms went around my waist again. This time I wasn't so surprised. I turned around and saw Diego in my face. "I'm sorry baby.." His breath reeked of alcohol, which caused me to scrunch my face up.

"No. Not this time." I push his hands off of my body and went back to making my glass of wine.

He grabbed my face and pulled my face towards his. He looked me in the eye and said, "I said I was sorry.", in a more aggressive tone. I just glared at him as I tried to take his hand off of my face. I was really debating on whether I should smack him in the face with this wine glass or not.

He only squeezed my face tighter. "Aren't you gonna forgive me?" He kissed my lips as I struggled to get out of his grip. I decided to knee him where the sun don't shine , but at the same time, he slapped me in my face. The slap caused me to drop my wine glass, so shards of glass went everywhere.

Just as I was about to get up and run, he pulled my back to the floor and grabbed my neck. His eyes were out for blood again. "You stupid bitch!" He tightened his grip, which made me gasp for air. "I got glass in my leg!" My eyes began to get watery as I tried to get out of his grip.

"I...can't b...breathe!" I managed to get out of his grip when he loosened it. I immediately crawled away from him as I grabbed my phone to call the police. Just when I was about to press call, Diego slapped the phone out of my hand.