Chapter Forty

A chapter short because it needs to be... 

I am completely surrounded by darkness

I am completely surrounded by darkness. Hesitantly, I take a step forward and immediately a light appears above a table. Slowly, I walk toward the table and see two other girls approaching there who look awfully familiar.

The pink haired one flops onto the table with a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness! All that walking was killing me!"

The two are incredibly short; the one with the pink hair is just barely taller than the other. The blonde one is covered from head to toe in scars and bruises, an image of someone who has been tortured for a very long time. They both look an awful lot like me.

"Who are you two?" I ask sharply, keeping my face perfectly clear of emotion.

"My name is Sang Sorenson," The blonde answers shakily.

"Liar!" The other shrieks. "My name is Sang Sorenson! There can't be two of us!"

Pausing, she continues suspiciously, "Unless... Are you my boring clone?"

"Wait!" I interrupt. "My name is Sang Sorenson."

"You must be my tall clone," She decides.

"No," I state. "I will be Sang 1, she'll be Sang 2, and you can be Sang 3."

Sang 3 tugs on the ends of her pink hair and pouts.

"I wanna be Sang 1," She mutters, sulking.

"What are we doing here?" Sang 2 asks nervously.

"I wish I had a fucking clue," I heave, rolling my eyes.

Sang 3 exclaims, "Did you just say a mean word?!"

"What?"

These two are certainly strange. Sang 2 seems to be incredibly shy and scared, almost like a Ghost, and Sang 3 seems to be childish and somewhat Insane.

"Sit down," A metallic voice orders and the light brightens slightly.

The three of us sit in the chairs at the square table. There is a Sang on either side of me.

"Each of you has something the others need."

"You have something I need?" Sang 2 questions, confusion clearly etched on her delicate features.

"I don't know what the hell they are talking about..."

Instantly, a fire burns on my face.

I turn expressionlessly to Sang 3.

"Did you just slap me?" I say completely devoid of emotion.

"Yes!" She says grumpily. "You said a mean word. Again."

Her face is completely clean of emotion. Almost. In her eyes, the green eyes that match mine, I can see fear. Good. She should fear me. It is never a good idea to make me mad.

"Calm down you two," Sang 2 instructs. "What do you two need?"

With a sigh, I admit, "I'm in a bad situation."

Quickly, I relay my situation, answering questions when they arise.

"It seems to me," Sang 3 remarks. "You just need to wake up, kill everyone, and escape. Don't worry, Star and Sarah both agree with me. It must be true."

"Star and Sarah?" I echo.

"Oh, the voices in my head," She replies with a wave of her hand.

"But the tower is full of people," Sang 2 argues. "How can she kill everyone?"

"Touche..." Sang 3 agrees thoughtfully.

Sang 2 looks at me and decides, "What you need to do is wake up. Stay away from the gas. Incapacitate, or kill, the nearby guards only if, or when, they try to stop you. Try and wake your boys up so you can bring them to the roof and all of you can escape."

I nod slowly, mulling it over.

"You two need help?"