Chapter Twenty Two

Vote and comment!

Also, let me know if you want a certain boy's perspective!!

Owen

Hmm... This certainly changes things if they all like her.

Being a man locked up with too much time on his hands, I have developed an intricate plan with more unknown variables than I would like to admit. The gist of the plan is: learn Sang's last name, escape with Sang and possibly my brothers as well, introduce Sang to the Academy, marry Sang, live happily ever after with Sang.

"Is this Stockholm syndrome?" Brandon asks suddenly, drawing me out of my musings.

"What?!" North booms.

"What he is getting at," Axel states, "Is that we all like our captor, something that can certainly be interpreted as Stockholm syndrome."

"Stockholm syndrome is something that I have considered," I announce. "I do not believe we have it, though. After all, Sang is not what is holding us here, she herself is a captive as well. Think of it as being interested in a fellow victim."

"Victim?" Nathan snorts. "Because she has mental problems and two scars?"

"You, Nathan, are treading on very dangerous waters," I boom, startling them all. It is out of character for me, but I will not stand for him talking that away about Sang. "Do not ever talk about Sang like that."

Sean stares at me before shaking his head and adding, "Sang is abused, badly. Marc was just barely able to get her to let me help her. Her father forced her into a fight, locked her in two different torture cells, and her mother beat her with a leather strap."

I swallow, instinctively masking all of my features into an emotionless state.

This poor bird...

⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪

Nathan

It is as if someone just kicked me in the stomach and told me my father was coming home. I guess I thought that Sang wasn't abused because she doesn't have the same reaction I do. My father used to beat me, but he is normally gone now, thankfully. It seems he needed to not see me for him to get his life sorted out.

Because of his abuse, I was always apologizing and always scared. I threw myself into training and getting stronger so that I would be able to defend myself, but I was always too scared to raise a hand against my father. I didn't care about my appearance at all, barely remembering to shower. Gabriel was horrified when he first saw me.

I guess it is these brothers of mine that changed things. They gave me a reason to enjoy life instead of just dealing with it. These thirteen are really like brothers to me, they protect me, rely on me, and are always there for me just like I am always there for them. We get along well which certainly helps when we go on assignments for the Academy.

I can't believe that I was so quick to judge Sang. I thought that my brothers pitied her because of she had a "mental illness." I thought that she was just like Danielle, a girl who had pretended to be abused to try and get our attention and get close to us. It didn't work. And I was going to make sure that Sang's plan didn't work. Now I can see that Sang really is broken, she really is abused. Just because her abuse isn't as obvious to me, doesn't mean it isn't any less real.

Falling to the ground, I sit down with a thud, thinking everything over. And I only made things worse. So much worse.

I guess the only thing to do now is to beg for her forgiveness the next time I see her.

⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪

Luke

I roll over and hold my stomach, swearing that I would eat like north if this stomach ache would just go away. Okay, that is a lie. But have you seen what North eats?

It makes me shiver just thinking about it. He likes vegetables and fruits and other healthy junk and can't stand "unhealthy" foods. Do you know what health stands for? Happily Eating Anything Like This Here. Meaning I see it, I eat it. Kinda like "Monkey see, monkey do." Except I eat what I see. Oh, and I am not a monkey.

I still can't believe the way I spoke to Sang. I groan just thinking about it. Reaching that level of a sugar high makes me lose my filter. I even told her that there is someone that I love with all my heart. Somehow, I do love Sang, even though I barely know her. There is something about her, I guess. Kind of like love at first sight, I just knew that I am destined to be with Sang. I will love her. Always.

Nothing will keep me from my Sang.

Even if she doesn't like chocolate chip pancakes.

⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫⚪

Gabriel

You would not believe how mad I am at Nathan. Just because Sang is a little... Mad doesn't mean that Sang deserves to be talked about that way, behind her back or to her face.

Sang is certainly not what I expected. I expected to be a slave or something. Killed, most likely. And probably by a gang or a psychopath with bad taste in clothes. Sang wears slightly bland clothes, but she makes it look incredible and she somehow pulls off an innocent and tempting look.

I'm pretty sure that Sang hates her scars, but they don't mar her beauty, they only enhance it. I've seen many people photoshopped so that they are perfectly symmetrical. And freaky. No one naturally has perfect symmetry without looking a little creepy. Sang's scars give her that little something extra. Something to offset her perfect symmetry.

But I am just rambling now. I have taken to rambling, recently. I have all this time on my hands doing nothing, why not ramble and talk about something until you have no more words to say?

I think we are all wondering how to get out of here, but Kota showed us the many cameras that Sang told him about in this room alone. Getting out of here is tricky and we don't even know all the details yet.

I can only hope that Sang will grow to trust us enough that we can work together to get out of here.