Chapter Six

I wake up stiff and cold.

I am so cold that I am past the point of shivering.

Frost decorates my eyebrows and certain places of my skin.

My fingertips and toes are blue and I am curled up in the fetal position trying to stay as warm as possible.

This room is another the renovations done in our old building.

I hate this room.

This room was McCoy's idea, so of course it was built.

Everything in this room is white, pure, blinding white. There are no windows, there is no noise except the air conditioner. I am left alone and freezing for who knows how long with no way out.

While the Waiting Room is somewhat rustic and completely disgusting, the White Room is modern and perfectly clean. Everything is white, even the White rice in the White plate that appears at random intervals while you sleep.

The White Room is the worst form of isolation and it strips you of who you are, all while freezing you to death.

I have nothing but my thoughts to occupy myself, for I am frozen too much to move and exercise.

I know I should get up and move and get my blood flowing, but I can't. I am so cold that it hurts.

I fall into a dreamlike stupor.

Wait!

There is a sound coming from outside the walls. A loud ringing, a fire alarm. Someone must be coming to save me!

I crawl as best as I can to the door until I collapse, too exhausted to move any more.

That's when I realize there is no fire alarm.

No one is coming to save me and there is no fire.

But if there is no fire, then why am I dying of heat?

I yank off the thin, white dress I am in as the heat begins to be too much to bear.

The heat is the last thing I remember before I sink into darkness.

⚪⚫⭕⚫⭕⚫⭕⚫⚪

North

Seeing Sang stumble into our room covered in gunk that looked like blood and mud and a few entrails was awful.

I was mad at her at first, of course I would be, she is our captor.

But when the snake slid out of her shirt to eat the spider crawling in her long hair, something told me that there is something beyond wrong with her situation.

Sang wasn't exactly normal during our first meeting, but now I am reassessing every move she made. My brothers and I have been discussing everything in length, too much length. Why hasn't she come back? What could be taking so long?

I need to see Sang and make sure she is alright. She may be with the bad guys, but no one deserves that kind of treatment.

Three encounters with the girl, only one of which we were both awake for the whole time, and my thoughts are already consumed.

Lovely.

The beautiful angel has me captivated and I want to protect her from whoever is hurting her, whoever is doing this to her.

"We can't expect her to visit us immediately," Mr.B interjects in the conversation. "We don't know Ms.Sang and she is probably resting and recuperating from the incident that led to her collapse."