Chapter 6

Merida felt a little queasy. Oh, who was she kidding? She felt worst and wanted to throw up, but that would be embarrassing if she did it in front of Hiccup. Or more embarrassing, puke at him.

When they arrived on her flat, Hiccup went inside like he owns it. Merida was about to protest, wanting to slam him and tell him to back off her flat. But she knew she have no strength to do so. Instead of arguing, Merida laid herself on the couch as Hiccup brewed tea. A knock on the door made Merida jump.

"Hiccup, the door!" She croaked.

"You, get it!" Hiccup yelled from the kitchen.

"Are you kidding me?" Merida exclaimed. She was about to stand up, but Hiccup went over to the door first and opened it without even checking who it was.

It was Mrs. Gobber. She stood at the door calmly with a smile plastered on her face. On her hands was a box of cookies. She must have not expected Hiccup to open the door because it took her a moment to register that it was him who opened it. She gasped.

"What are you doing here, child?" She asked curiously, her smile frowned.

"Just trying to brew-" He was not finished explaining yet, but Mrs. Gobber cut him with another loud gasp. She stared at Merida on the couch.

"Oh my god, Hiccup!" She exclaimed. She gave him a disgusted look before saying, "Your parents raised you to be respectful. They raised you properly and this is how you repay them? You get inside a young lady's flat and take advantage of her?"

It was now Hiccup's turn to gasp, "I am not taking advantage of her! I am taking care of her, woman."

Mrs. Gobber went inside and and held Merida's face. She was clearly worried. "Oh, dear, what did he do to you?"

Merida can see Hiccup roll his eyes and went back to the kitchen to make tea. Mrs. Gobber gave Hiccup a look even though he was not in the same room as them anymore.

"Explain this to me, young man. Or I'm telling your father." Mrs. Gobber said.

Hiccup's head peaked from the kitchen. That's when Merida noticed that his scarf and coat had been removed. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and his tie was loose. She saw his scarf and coat hanging on her coat rack like it was it's place.

"She was stupid enough to drink a coffee offered by a stranger. I'm making her tea." Hiccup said.

Merida rolled her eyes. But she went back to noticing him. Like, actually noticing him. The way Hiccup looked at the moment made Merida realize how attractive he really was. Sure he was a weirdo, but she cannot deny the fact that he was one attractive man. The way his hands moved to tap his chin as he waited for the tea to brew, the way his hair moved as he walked back and forth. Suddenly, without warnig, he brought out a gun and shoot the wall. Merida screamed, but Mrs. Gobber just flinched.

"Haddock!" She yelled.

"What? I'm bored." Hiccup said before placing the gun down. "Besides, I never got to shoot this gun earlier."

"My wall!" Merida exclaimed, completely mortified.

"My wall!" Mrs. Gobber repeated.

The tea must have been brewed already because Merida could hear the water pour.

"Do you want to drink tea too, Mrs. Gobber?" Hiccup asked.

"No, thank you." Mrs. Gobber answered before turning to Merida. "Now you know why I warned you about your neighbor."

Merida nodded. "And I can clearly see why no one can stand to stay."

Hiccup went to Merida and Mrs. Gobber with a tray on his hands. He scooted to sit on the carpeted floor, resting his back on the couch. Merida, at that moment, noticed his freckles and his long lashes.