JFK Assassination

The assassination of John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963, has spurred various conspiracy theories. He was publicly assassinated while sitting in his car, traveling through Dallas, Texas. The claim is that Kennedy was struck by 2 bullets, with the second being a fatal headshot.

Governor John B. Connally Jr., who was in the car with JFK, was also hit in the shooting, but survived. Official reports say that there were 3 bullets fired in total.

The horrific act was captured by Abraham Zapruder, with his 8 millimetre film camera. The film, now referred to as the Zapruder Film, would later become crucial to the investigation, as it allowed for frame by frame analysis. The shooting occurred from the sixth floor window, at the southeast corner of the Texas Schoolbook Depository, a building along the motorcade route.

The official ruling was that the gunman was Lee Harvey Oswald. 2 days after the assassination, Oswald was murdered by Jack Ruby at the Dallas police department.

In fact, that shooting was broadcasted on live television. There are many who have criticized the motorcade route, believing it to have an unusual amount of turns, which would have caused the motorcade to slow down. The route was chosen by secret service agent, Winston G. Lawson, as well as Forrest V. Sorrels.

Secret service men who were sent in advance to inspect the route noted that there were over 20,000 windows overlooking the route. Since they didn't have enough men to station at every window, they opted to inspect none of the windows.

One week after the assassination, former vice president, Lyndon B. Johnson, created a commission to investigate the circumstances of the JFK assassination, as well as subsequent killing of Lee Harvey Oswald. This commission was to be led by Supreme Court Justice, Earl Warren, and staffed with other esteemed officials. While the official findings of this commission believe there was only 1 shooter, it has 1 vital connection with numerous conspiracy theories; the shooter was believed to be Lee Harvey Oswald. The official ruling by the Warren Commission was that Oswald acted alone in his actions to assassinate John F. Kennedy, with no controversy involved.

Delving into the background of Lee Harvey Oswald, he had been in Russia in 1959, attempting to renounce his American citizenship. Oswald showed a history of violence from a young age. While in the marine corps, where he spent 3 years, he became qualified as a sharpshooter with the M1 rifle. Oswald, a Dallas resident, was under active surveillance conducted by the FBI office located in Dallas. Strangely, the local FBI did not inform secret services about Oswald. In addition, secret services did not inform the local FBI office of the motorcade route.

Furthermore, Oswald unquestionably murdered Dallas policeman, J.D. Tippit, with a revolver approximately 45 minutes after the assassination of JFK.

Due to the fact that Lee Harvey Oswald was murdered by Jack Ruby, a gap in crucial evidence pertaining to the truth of the assassination may never be known. The Warren Commission states that there were 3 bullets fired, with 3 subsequent results. The first bullet allegedly missed, the second bullet struck John F. Kennedy in the neck, as well as Governor Connally in the thigh. The third and final bullet was the fatal headshot. The second bullet in particular is the most controversial, mainly due to the fact that it hit both JFK and Connally.

The Commission theorizes that from the sixth floor window, the bullet entered through the back of John F. Kennedy's neck, exiting downward. It entered through Connally's right section of his back, exiting below his right nipple, then entered and exited through his right wrist, and finally, embedded in Connally's left thigh. They concluded that the nearly full bullet in Connally's stretcher was this second bullet.

Many believe that the trajectory from the sixth floor window is impossible, but computer renderings of the event claim that it is possible, when considering that Governor Connally was sitting in a lower seat than Kennedy, and also when considering their bodily positions. That being said, it's difficult to believe that the second bullet would be anywhere near intact after traveling through 2 bodies.

The Warren Commission firmly states that Oswald was the sole shooter, but upon examination of the frames from the Zapruder Film, it proves that were was not enough time for Oswald to fire 2 shots within the timespan that JFK and Connally were first hit. This raises an unquestionable possibility that there may have been several shooters.

"There is my absolute knowledge and Nellie's too, that one bullet caused the president's first wound. An entirely separate shot stuck me." A statement from Governor Connally, in a 1966 interview with Live magazine.

Furthermore, in the 1970's, a new acoustic research technique was used to analyze the audio of the shooting, which identified six clear points in the audio that contain echo patterns similar to those of gunfire. This further suggests the claim that there may have been multiple shooters.

"I was about 18 inches away from that wound. I got a better look at it than anybody else in the room. It was way back in the back of the head, which may lead to the thought that he was not only shot from the back, but also from the front. In other words, there was more than 1 gunman, and therefore, a conspiracy of some sort. And I looked into that wound for a long period of time, and there is no doubt about what I seen." A statement from Doctor Robert McClelland, who was attending the wounded president in the Parkland Hospital trauma room.

Five years later, on June 5, 1968, JFK's younger brother, Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated while campaigning for the presidency. He had just won the California presidential primary and was leaving the ballroom of the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles.

There is supposedly footage of the assassination from an angle that differs from the Zapruder Film. However, this footage has mysteriously gone missing. The film has allegedly not been seen since the House Select Committee on Assassination in 1978. This committee was formed in 1976 in order to conduct an investigation into the assassinations of JFK and Martin Luther King Jr. The committee was formed after a senate committee confirmed that the CIA has purposefully withheld information from the Warren Commission investigation.

"The committee believes, on the basis of the evidence available to it, that John F. Kennedy was assassinated as a result of a conspiracy. The committee is unable to identify the other gunman or the extent of the conspiracy." A statement from The House Select Committee on Assassination.

It is highly believed that Lyndon B. Johnson had JFK assassinated for political gain and power. Before Kennedy was elected, LBJ had attempted to take the democratic nomination from JFK at the 1960 Democratic Convention in Los Angeles. According to the book "The Death of a President," written by William Manchester, LBJ asked the president to continue doing part of his previous job as Texas Senator, implying that LBJ was bored and emasculated by the office of the vice president, as opposed to the power he had held while being the majority leader of the senate. There were additional rumours that LBJ might be dropped from the election ballot the following year.

Lyndon B. Johnson and JFK allegedly spoke to each other the day before the assassination occurred. Not to mention, LBJ played a large part in Kennedy travelling to Dallas in the first place. LBJ no longer had political control of Texas, it became an imported swing state, necessary for JFK's re-election. As a result, JFK reluctantly travelled to Dallas, attempting to solve the Texas political crisis. LBJ's right hand man had been warned by a high profile Texas lawyer named Byron Skelton, that the political climate in Dallas was not safe, and he feared for the president's safety. However, the president was not informed.

Another supported theory is that the CIA was ultimately behind the assassination. Allen Dulles, former head of the CIA, was on the Warren Commission. As previously mentioned, the CIA previously withheld information from that commission. The CIA refers to this as a "benign coverup."