26- Not to be remembered

Start from the beginning

"What are you writing Amma?",I questioned her. "Grocery list",she replied. "Where's everyone?",I asked her. "Kanamma went to her friend's wedding with Varun and Uthra have gone to hospital as she received an important call",she replied while scanning through the list. "And Arya is still sleeping right?",she asked keeping the paper down.

"Yeah... Still sleeping",I replied heaving a sigh. "Ok... Both Kanamma and Uthra went without eating anything. And I also didn't prepare anything till now",she said. "No problem. I'll prepare breakfast. You just rest for some time. Till then Jeeva is at your service",I stated.

"Ok... Then I'll finish my purchase before that",she said scratching her head. "You are not going anywhere alone that too without eating anything. I'll prepare breakfast and I'll get ready soon. As soon as we complete our breakfast we can leave...",I insisted her.

"No Jeeva. I'll be back soon",she refused. "No... If no then no. I don't need any excuses",I replied. She smiled in return. "Wait... I'll prepare something for you within minutes",I entered into the kitchen. Within few minutes I prepared Upma for both of us and went to dining table where Amma was waiting. I served it for her.

"Amma you eat this. I'll be back within minutes",I said and went to my room. I took my phone and dialled to Prasath. "Hello Prasath... Whether the work complete? What's the progress?",I asked him as soon as he picked the call.

"Jeeva you have to be very patient. This is not a work that can be completed within a day",he said. "But I handed over all the requirements yesterday itself right? Then why it's getting late?",I questioned him.

"Jeeva... Just relax... The work will be complete within today. I am trying my best and no one can do this procedure this much faster. Since I am trying my best the work is nearing its completion... And it's your luck that today is not an off for the government offices. So wait for just a day",he explained.

"Ok... I'll wait... Call me if you need anything",I replied. "Ok... Bye",he ended the call. I hope the work will be completed within today. I completed my morning routines and went to Arya's room. Still sleeping. It's better not to disturb him.

I went down. Amma was sitting simply without eating. "Maa... I asked you to eat. What for you waiting?",I walked to her. "I was waiting for you. How can I eat alone?",she replied.

"This is not fair. Come let's eat",I sat beside her. "Look Amma. It got cold",I frowned. "Not yet. It's fine. I'll eat this...",she said and started eating it and made me eat too. Then we both resorted to the super market.

Adithi's POV:

We both first went to cake shop and ordered cake for Bhaiya. Then we both went to the super market to purchase the things she need. We both went to different sections to finish the shopping soon. As it was Sunday there was not much crowd.

When I went to get cereals I saw Amma. "Amma...",I called her as I walked to her. "Adithi... What a pleasant surprise...",she exclaimed. "I came here with Neha Bhabhi who's my lovely neighbour... Did you come by your own?",I asked her.

"No I came with Jeeva. He is another section helping me to complete the shopping quick",she replied. "Adithi... Look at this. Will this be ok?",Bhabhi came. "Amma... She is Neha Bhabhi and Bhabhi she is Amma. I told you about her right?",I introduced both of them. "Yes... Uthra's Mom right?",Bhabhi identified her.

"Yes... I am her mother",Amma replied. "Amma today is my anniversary and please bless me",Bhabhi touched her feet but she stepped back. "How can I do that? I am not supposed...",before she could complete I interrupted, "Why you couldn't do that?",I asked her. "Adithi you know my situation very well...",her face became dull.