16- Romantic Long Drive

Venkat's POV:

It was dusk. I was waiting for her outside. She was getting ready. I know that she would be disturbed by those incidents. And also she would be worrying inside that I am not spending enough time with her. So only I planned for this. "Shall we go?",I heard from my back. I turned back. Uthra was standing in saree.

"You look so gorgeous...",I praised her. "Enough of praising... Come lets go...",she said holding my ear. "Ok come lets go...",I said and ignited my bike. She hugged me from back and leaned in my shoulder. I know what her favourite place is. "Venkat... Do you remember our first long drive?",she asked while I was driving.

"Yes... How would I forget that... One of my wonderful day in my life...",I said. "Do you remember what happened that day?",she asked again. "Yes... Of course how would I forget it... You said that you wanted to meet your friend... We met your friends and While returning my bike got punctured and we was waiting for some help... Suddenly it started raining... You was already angry with me... The rain increased your anger as you became wet in your favourite dress... Right?",I said.

I can see her smiling face through the mirror. "But Do you think that that was the reason for my anger?",she interrogated. "No I was not able to do anything for you... So you was angry with me...",I replied. "Continue to say what happened there Venkat...",she said. "Uthra... How can I explain everything by myself to the readers... You say something...",I said. "Ok I will say the rest...",she said. So here is our first long drive's continuation....

FLASHBACK IN UTHRA'S POV:

Idiot... Really he is an idiot... I am here drenching in the rain... But he is checking his bike... There's no place to stand without getting wet. "How much time it will take?",I asked fuming in anger. "I think we can't do anything... I'll call my friend... He'll do something...",he said and probed through all his pockets.

"My phone... I didn't bring it...",he said scratching his head. Wow... So he forgot that too. I slapped my head. How I am going to manage with him in future? I huffed. He seemed lost in his thoughts. He never understands what I think and what's in my heart... "Venkat... Come home after repairing your bike... I'll go by any taxi that comes this way... Ok?",I asked in disdain. He looked at me confusingly.

I stared at him angrily. He diverted his gaze towards the bike. Useless fellow... This time I couldn't control my anger. I went to him and started beating him. "Are you innocent or acting to be innocent? How could you cannot read my feelings?",I asked. He was all silent. "I don't know that how will I manage with you...",I said and walked few steps. "But I will protect you... I'll manage with you...",he said. I turned to him. He was holding his hands above my head stopping the rain from reaching me.

"I don't know whether I am perfect... But no one will be perfect for you except me...",he said. Suddenly he kneeled down. He raised his hand towards me. "Will you be my better half for the rest of my life?",he asked. I stared at him. I cannot believe this... He flicked his finger. I came to reality. "Will you?",he asked. I kept my hand in his.

"I'll...",I said. He smiled at me. "Actually Uthra I planned this... But accidentally bike got punctured... Rain came... Everything got spoiled... I was thinking how to confess this to you... So I decided to tell you now... Are you angry with me even now?",he asked standing up. I hugged him. "How can I be angry with my love?",I said. He too hugged me.

I was smiling thinking our past.

Venkat's POV: