Chapter 1

Warning! This has domestic abuse and violence in this book so if you're sensitive about this topic you might wanna find another book

If there is any mistakes you can correct them, and tell your thoughts on what I can do better

Dia's POV
"Dia, will you marry me?"
"Oh my god, yes, a thousand times yes!" I say to him.
He puts the ring on my left hand and grins.
"I promise to make you the happiest woman out there."
"Carter, I love you so much. You already make me happy." I hug him. He wraps his arms around me and we stand by the park fountain for a while. For the first time in my life, I feel complete, I feel as if I started a new chapter, in life and in that chapter I'm no longer alone.
Carter's phone begins to ring, so he and I let go of each other and he walks off to answer his phone.
I check the time on my watch 9:57. I sigh. Carter must have gotten a call from the office, because if it was anyone else he would've turned his phone off. I guess our date ends here, I wish he could've stayed with me for a little longer though.
"Dia, is everything ok?" I stop spacing out and see that Carter's face looks concerned.
I nod "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired that's all." His look doesn't change if anything he looks more concerned than before. "Are you sure, I don't want to leave your side and you're really not ok?"
"I'm fine really, I just wished that we could be together a little longer." As if amused by what I just said he smiles. "If you say things like that, I'll end up doing more than staying by your side." Anddddd I regret what I just said. "Your offer seems tempting, but it looks like you have some office situations to handle. You should go help solve the problem. I'll got to get going anyways." I say as I pull out my keys from my purse.
"If you insist, then I'll see you tomorrow." I give him a kiss before we part ways. When I got home I felt more tired than ever, so I went to bed.
Morning time
7:31. I see the time and get up. I went to the kitchen and make some coffee. I sit in the living room for a while finishing up the rest of my drink. 7:56, I should go shower and get ready for work.
I force myself to get up and officially start my day. When I finish showering, I dressed in something more professional since I have to go see the manger today.

I get my keys and drive to the office. I get inside and there are people staring me up and down or gossiping about me when I past them. I really hate this place, but I couldn't find anywhere better. I need to just ignore it and maybe it'll get better.
I knock on the manager's office and he tells me to come in. He stares at me confused "Ms.Lee, what are you doing here?"
"I work here."
He shakes his head. "Your husband called and said you wouldn't be returning."
"W-what? Husband?!? I'm not married yet."
"Ms.Lee, you need to leave, you don't work here."
I slam my hands on his desk "Bull shit! I didn't confirm this matter, so therefore I shouldn't be out of a job!"
"Ms.Lee please don't make me call for security."
Se-security?!? I swear. I turn on my heels and storm out of the office. I lean on the side of my car and take out my phone
I dial Carter's secretary. "Hello, this is Ms.Lee, Please tell Carter that I'll be at his office in 15 minutes."
"Yes, I will do so right away." She hangs up the phone and I get into my car. What the hell runs through this man's mind calling my job and telling my manager I quit!
I start the car and drive. Windward Corp, looks like he is told his secretary to wait for me outside. I get out of my car and hand my keys to the valet. Carter's secretary notices me and greets me at the door.
"Welcome Ms.Lee, your husband is waiting for you in his office."
I nod and walk into the building. The secretary leads me to his office and leaves.
This bastard better have a good excuse to his actions. I walk inside and right in front of the door Carter stands.
"Dia! Welcome, what brings you to my office." He walks towards me with his arms open.
"Don't hug me and you know damn well why I am here!"
He stops in his tracks and his face emotion changes. Just then he raises his hand and-