Fight

I went inside after practicing with the pistol to find Dark waiting for me. He watched me closely as I walked in the door, then said, "Living room," and left.
I followed him into the living room and plopped down on the armchair I often occupied. Dark settled himself on the couch, placed his elbows on his knees and his hands together, and said, "How was it?"
I frowned, a little confused. Dark saw my face and continued. "You haven't exactly had a normal life these last few years. Sometimes seeing what's normal can be stressful, either because acting normal is hard or normal is enjoyable enough to make your life almost unbearable. So, what was your impression?"
I was quiet for a bit. Then I began, slowly. "They seemed to be...almost blind. This house and all its strangeness is just down the street, but they would never discuss it. In a way, it's kind of irritating how blatantly they ignore the big picture, how easily they overlook the absurd factors of life and of other people, but at the same time...I would love to be that ignorant, that blissfully unaware of what was around me. It's quite tempting.
Dark was silent for a few moments, but I was not dismissed, not yet. I sat and waited.
"One day," he started, "this will be over. I'll be able to pull strings, get you into the college of your choice. You will leave this house and its secrets and start over, with new people and a new place. You will, of course, be able to return if you feel you must, but once you've left, I don't think you'll want to come back. You can have your own normal life elsewhere, with whatever job you want."
"But not," growled a voice from behind me, "if this keeps up."
A letter slapped onto the coffee table. Dark frowned and reached for it, but then Anti's knife hit the table as well, an inch away from Dark's hand. Getting the message, Dark sat back and looked at me expectantly. More confused than before, I glanced behind my chair at Anti, whose face was dark and scowling amid his bright green glow. His scar shone menacingly, and he was casually playing with a second knife.
I reached for the letter and read it, then again. It was a request for a meeting between either Damien or Andrew and the principal. It also informed them that a police officer would be present and that my attendance was requested. My heart dropped. A police officer!
There was complete silence in the living room. Dark saw my face and gave Anti a questioning look. Anti remained focused on me and asked in a slow, measured tone, "What could possibly have happened to frighten your principal into wanting to meet one of us with a cop?"
Dark sucked in his breath. I said nothing. I sensed this was the calm before Anti's storm and I was not eager to provoke him.
"They might suspect abuse," Dark said cautiously, glancing at Anti. "We haven't attended any conferences, and..." His eyes widened, and he vanished in a puff of black smoke.
A glowing green knife thudded into the back of the couch where he had been a second before, and the air was filled with scuffs, yelps, and grunts. I jumped up from my chair and whipped around to see a strange stalemate had already started behind me. Dark had one of Anti's arms twisted behind his back, but he was also holding Anti's other wrist, which held yet another knife and was perilously close to his head. They were both shaking, Anti trying to pull free and push his knife in, Dark struggling to hold him.
In their fight, they had each changed. Anti glowed brighter than ever, his scar dripping malevolently down his neck and every sharp tooth bared. Dark looked like a black and white drawing, his eyes shadowed so I could no longer see them and his skin turned completely white amid his cloud of darkness. Red and blue shadows seemed to play on his cheeks, flashing in the dark. Their very auras attempted to dominate each other, the green burning at the black, the black smothering the green.
The door to the living room banged open and Wilford appeared, holding his pistol ready. He sighted down the barrel at the two demons, who froze in surprise. He crept around them, and their eyes followed him until he stood directly in front of me. All was silent. All was still.
Anti's black eyes found me. Between his bared teeth, he snarled, "Better run, little girl."
A wrench, a bang, a blur. A bullet buried in the wall and a streak of green light across the room. Anti stood with his hands around Wilford's neck, while Wilford tugged pathetically at them, trying to either free himself or get another shot off. Dark held Anti under the arms, pulling just as fruitlessly to get Anti off of Wilford. Anti's black eyes seemed filled with light; I couldn't look at them without being blinded.
I didn't know what else to do. Closing my eyes, I charged, lowering my shoulder like a football player. I caught something soft on my shoulder and saw green through my eyelids, but I kept going, and the soft something came with me. With a crash that shook the house, we hit the wall with my head and his back.
I bounced away and fell on my rear, stars dancing behind my eyes. The place where I had hit the wall throbbed painfully, and I clutched it with both hands. Voices floated around me, concerned, shocked, hands gripped my shoulders and arms to lift me up. I was guided along and pushed into one of the dining room chairs, and an ice pack was placed on my head. I held it gratefully, but did not open my eyes to see what was going on. Not yet.

A/N So I'm still not in my home country but I got bored and wanted to write. A lot. I'll have another part up sometime Saturday, but I figured since I missed a week I'd give you guys this part now. Surprise!