Chapter 20 - Sick Little Games

Start from the beginning

The person kept on running and (Y/N) kept on following them.

"Do I know you?" She asked. "Are you also a patient here or something? Sorry, I'm near here and I still don't know my way aro-"

"Stop following me!" The person yelled.

(Y/N) froze when she heard that voice. It was a male voice, so he couldn't be a patient here since the asylum was just for girls. It's been months since she's heard it, but she knew well to whom it belonged to.

It couldn't be.

It can't be.

But it could.

It might be him.

That voice couldn't belong to anyone but him.

She remembered James who was there earlier. Maybe that's why he was here. He brought him to her.

(Y/N) regained composure and tried to follow him again. But if it was him, why was he running from her? She tried her best to follow him but he was too fast. She was always being left in the dust. She knew he was a Runner before but she's never raced him before because of his accident. She never thought that he was so fast and swift.

Eventually, both she and the boy escaped the hedge maze. With the boy escaping first. He stopped right in front of the fountain that (Y/N) was sitting on earlier, trying to catch his breath. Little did he know that (Y/N) was there just a few feet away from him.

His back was facing her, but (Y/N) knew him very well to recognize just his back. She took a good look on him. She wanted to believe that it was him, but she didn't want to her get her hopes up too high. But from his posture, she knew that it was him.

Finally, she let herself say his name.

-

"He knows."

James looked between Thomas and John. He couldn't get his eyes away from the blood on Thomas's shirt and pants. There was also this look on Thomas's face that felt so new and frightening to him. 

"Know what?"

"James I need you to tell me something," Thomas walked towards him.

"What is it?"

"Tell me where I can go to the Fountain of Knowledge," he demanded.

"The Fountain of- How did you," one look at John and he knew. "I can't tell you that."

"Why not?" Fire blazed in Thomas's dark eyes. "It's the only way to save Angela's life!"

"What are you two talking about?" Catherine asked. But her voice was lost in the air.

"I'm forbidden to say anything about it."

"But- but we have to save her," Thomas said with desperation in his voice. "You can't just let this happen."

"That's the thing with Authors," John said spitefully, "they'll let you down."

James scoffed. "How could you say that when you married one?"

John didn't bother to reply, instead he asked, "What are you doing here anyway? Where's Newt? You didn't leave him back there."

"Of course I didn't. I brought him with me."

"What? Where is he?"

"Somewhere around the gardens I think."

Hearing this, John remembered that there was also someone else that he needed to look after. Someone who could suffer the same fate as Angela. He cursed under his breath as he sifted through the hallways, with James running behind him.

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade