chapter 11

Rashad

"Sooo son when are you and Salissa getting married" My momma said as we all was at the table eating. I damn near spit out my food.

"Uhh-

"He proposed this morning, I was so surprised " Lissa said lying and I instantly got mad. She always wanted to impress Carl and my mother every time we come over this bitch.

"Oh really ? Why didn't I know?" My momma asked looking over at me.

"And where is yo ring" Chardonnay asked looking at her hand. Chardonnay was my cousin on my real dads side but she always welcomed her and her 3 kids over here on her own.

"Would you be respectful Chardonnay?" My mother asked rolling her eyes. Chardonnay sucked her teeth.

"I'm just sayin" She said putting chicken on her plate. " Cold ass chicken " She mumbled. I looked at Salissa with a death look.

" I just didn't give her no ring yet, it was in the moment" I said lying. Salissa smiled and so did my mother.

"Ugh broke boys" Porsha boujie ass said. She was Carls   niece and she was too stuck up for me.

"Um sweety, you're the one who's broke" Salissa said and I shook my head.

"I don't think you should be coming for my sister when you're wearing that cheap ass dress" Helena said defending Porsha.

"Girl i'll beat you and yo sister ass" Salissa said standing up grabbing a drink. I got up and grabbed her.

"Lena and Porsha, i'm disappointed in you two" Carl said looking surprised and stood up.

"This is our party Carl, check your guess" My momma said setting her wine down.

"Look ma, we just going to head out " I said and Salissa got out my grip and walked off.

"Alright baby thanks for coming" She said getting up to hug me.

"Let me sip this teaaaa" Chardonnay said sipping some wine.

"You messy as hell" I said and waved at everybody then left out the house. I saw Salissa standing by the door and I unlocked it.

"Man they crazy as hell" I said and she just got in all angry and shit.

"You know you got me fucked up right?" I asked her as I got in and pulled off.

"What I do?" She asked.

"I proposed?" I asked her and she sucked her teeth.

"I mean you should, I been your girl for a while" She said and I ignored her. First she want kids now she want marriage.

- - -

I walked in the house behind Salissa and she stormed to the room and I shook my head. I didn't see that little nigga so I sat on the couch.

I watched TV for a little while until I found my self getting sleepy.

Nyla

"Girl cute?, he was fine" Destiny said talking about Rashad. I rolled my eyes and laid my head down.

"Whatever , he has a whole gf so chill" I said to her and she waved me off.

"I got my man i'm talking about for you" She said

"I'm 17, i'm fine" I said trying to get comfortable. Me and Unc were going to stay the night but then I just remembered I got work.

"Ugh we cant stay I got work in the morning" I said getting up.