chapter 10

Nyla

I rolled over and bed and opened my eyes to see Unc standing over me. I jumped up and rubbed my eyes.

"I just came to tell you, that Destinys mother decided to let me see her, and I want you to come tonight" Unc said and I instantly smiled, I'm not gon lie and say i didn't miss my cousin and my aunt because I did. She brung a little joy to my life when it was down, just because she was the only cousin I ever knew.

"What time?" I asked.

"Uh around 7, but I gotta go to work just be ready to go tonight" He said and walked out. I got up from the bed and went into the bathroom splashing hot water on my face and brushed my teeth. I pulled my silky hair into a ponytail, I was dealing with a serious hangover cause my head was beating.

I looked at my brown skin in the mirror and it was glowing, I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a pan and put it on the stove. I grabbed the eggs and bacon out the fridge and the pancake mix.

After making myself breakfast I sat in the living room watching tv eating it, I heard a knock at the door and went to answer it. Revealing Milan in a sweat suit with her hair in a bun, she came in uninvited.

"Hey Nyla, ready to go on a run?" She said as I closed the door behind her.

"A run ? where?" I asked sitting back down eating my food.

"Well not around here of course, it's a track we can run at" She said smiling, to be honest I didn't think she ran or anything.

"Uh sure let me change" I said walking in to my room. I did have some leggings but not running shoes. Milan came in and put some tennis shoes on the bed. I looked at her and shook my head, that was disrespectful.

"On the bed really?" I asked her slipping in some leggings and putting on some socks. I put the shoes on and left the tank top I had on.

"Ready?" She asked looking in the mirror and looked at me. " You didn't think, I looked this good for nothing did you?" She asked and I shook my head.

- - -

"Come on Nyla keep up" Milan said to me as we were on our 2nd lap around this big ass track, I was so out of shape I could barely keep up with her.

"I'm coming" I barely got out due to the fact I was breathing so hard right now. I bent down putting my hands on my knees. I finally got my breathing back to normal and continued to jog, this was a good thing to do being that I had no life.

"There you go, you got 1 lap left" Milan said running pass me and smiling. She was really enjoying this and didn't even stop once, now that's goals.

After finishing up my laps, I ran over to where Milan was sitting and seen her brother Cameron and Trell.

"Hey bae" Cameron said smiling at me and I rolled my eyes and waved him off.

"Where the water Milan" I said breathing all hard, which was because I ran full speed over here.

"In the car" She said looking at her phone and smiling. "Oh and I forgot to ask, where you go last night?" She asked.

"I- I caught a Uber home" I lied and she laughed knowing I was lying.

"You don't have a phone, mind telling me the truth?" She said as sweat dripped from my forehead.

"Fine. Rashad took me home" I said and I could feel Cameron judging me with his eyes.

"Damn you cheating on me?" He said shaking his head disappointedly.

"No i'm not.. I mean .. Just shut up " I said sitting down rolling my eyes.